“Best Gyros in Town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mom's Place
Ranked #187 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Best Gyros in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great value for the amount and quality of food. A fun little diner with great service! Take some food to go and lunch in the park nearby... perfect for the approaching spring!

Visited January 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“One of the best diners I have been to in Florida.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Coming from Brooklyn, New York I am used to having good food. Most of what I had found in this part of Florida was just not worth it (even if it was for free). But since finding this gem, I am just very thankful that it is not at all near to my home 35 miles away. If it was any closer I would weight about 500 lbs. We usually go there on a Saturday morning about 10:30. I have the
Chopped steak, home fries, fried egg, toast and coffee. It is cooked exactly as I ordered it. Son gets the Green breakfast: Gyro meat, home fries, pancakes, tsaniki sauce (sorry can't spell it), egg and coffee. Total cost including tax is about $15.50. There is usually a line but it moves, because the customers know not to waste time chatting while others are waiting. I also notice that people are leaving with a happy face. Don't know if its for the food, price or service.

• Visited January 2013
Odessa, Florida
“Moms: How "homey" does that sound?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

...and for years it was right next door to a competing diner named "Pop 'N Sons." I always wondered what drove Mom & Pop apart---and what made the boys choose to go with their father anyway?

In any case, I've eaten lunch here many, many times when I worked in the area. It was never anything special but it always satisfied. The owner's Greek so there were usually specialities from his homeland and I always order the Avgolemono soup when it's on the menu. It's as good as any restaurant on the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs.

It's a nice place: I really like it even though you have to look at all those autographed NY Yankee pictures and the players that hang out there during Spring Training. I've even run into George Steinbrenner there a few times before he passed away earlier this year. R.I.P and Go Rays!

• Visited April 2012
Hortonville, Wisconsin
“One of the best for homestyle cooking.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Went here for breakfast on the recommendation of local friends. Very good food and excellent service. Cash only. That's ok.., prices are very reasonable. Nice & clean.

Orlando, Florida
“Nice little diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Found this place on a Saturday morning. Parking lot was packed, so we knew they must have good food. Standard diner fare with all the usual breakfast items. Everything tasted good. The service was good too. The staff is all very freindly and accommodating. Prices are very reasonable too. Breakfast for five people was less than 30 bucks. We are happy we found this place and will return when we visit Tampa next time.

• Visited March 2012