“The Laughing Cat - A great place to take friends or clients”
Review of The Laughing Cat - CLOSED

The Laughing Cat
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My family and inlaws went to the laughing cat last monday. We relied quite heavily on the reviews from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! The food was very good. The restaurant is small, but quaint. They had a very good wine list. We thanked the owner for our meal after we were done. You could tell he was a very motivated business owner and had many years in the restaurant business.....and wanted to please his customers.
I'd go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Wisconsintraveler66

Reviewed October 16, 2009

This restaurant was recommended to me by several friends, and I was blown away. The server was incredibly attentive and each person in my group claimed their meal ranked among the best they had ever had. The location, while unassuming, has charm in its simplicity. Some on this site complain about the prices, but the portions are huge and the savory meal is worth every penny. This was my first time to the Laughing Cat, but it will certainly not be the last.

1  Thank LaurenTampa
Reviewed October 9, 2009

On September 20, 2009 we hosted a dinner for 30 friends and family at the Laughing Cat in Ybor City. The food, service, and hospitality could not have been any better! With such a large party, the owner/chef recommended that we serve the food family style so that everyone could eat casually and at the same time. The food was served in abundance and without delay and the preparation was outstanding. Each dish was a real delight and our guests could not get over the wonderful tastes of everything that was placed on the table. The wine choices complimented the terrific food and everyone left with a full stomach. With such a large party, the chef and staff are to be commended for providing such a wonderful meal! Grazie!

1  Thank culinaryarts63
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I have enjoyed dining here several times and have never been disappointed. I consider the food to be upscale compared to the average italian fare, however, I think it is a little pricey.

1  Thank TampaNugget
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This was not what I expected. A friend had gone there and raved about it to me, but I thought it was just OK. The food was not bad, but it seemed easily put together, like something that I could make at home. I wasn't impressed with the service either.

2  Thank dreamer3825