“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Laughing Cat - CLOSED

The Laughing Cat
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
NJ
“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

Wife & I decided to dine here, based on TA ratings. The ratings don't lie. Wife had Eggplant Rolatini, and I had Veal Saltimbocca. Both were excellent, and thats an understatement!

New York City, New York
“Finally... delicious Italian food in Tampa Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

My husband and I have been searching for years for delicious, unique, reasonably priced Italian cuisine in the Tampa Bay area. Yesterday we found it at the Laughing Cat. We ate there prior to attending a concert at the Ritz Ybor and were delighted at both the quality of the food and the service. We shared the seafood bisque, a perfectly-seasoned bowl of creamy, lobstery bisque with generous chunks of very fresh crab. The highlight of the meal, in my opinion, was my gnocchi patate dolci, a sweet potato gnocchi with eggplant, wild mushroom, and sweet onion, drenched in a fantastic creamy pepper sauce and baked to perfection. Definitely a rich meal, but worth every creamy bite. The menu is extensive, and the server claimed that it is all made fresh. I certainly didn't find any evidence to the contrary. We will definitely return to this restaurant again and again.

2 Thank craftette
albuquerque
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is an exceptional restaurant! The service was great and the food awesome. We were offered the chefs sampler menu and it was so great and very very reasonable. We could not finish it all and were surprised at the wonderful dishes.

This is a MUST place to eat in Ybor City.

1 Thank mgross75
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Phenomenal Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

My husband and I went here for a nice Saturday night dinner (definitely need a reservation) and we were impressed. It's a small homey place with an energetic level. The service was a tad slow but it was also packed with a wait so I can understand. I did like the fact that we weren't rushed out. The fresh bread and butter was a hit at the beginning as the bread was piping hot and you could tell it was homemade. My husband had chicken florentine which was beyond his expectation. I tried it and was impressed with the fresh mozzarella on top. I had the ravioli Napolitana with cheese ravioli, vodka sauce, sauteed mushrooms and huge pieces of Italian sausage, which was amazing. The only downside to our meal is that I couldn't order dessert because I had no where to take it to being I was from out of town. The next time I'm in Tampa I will definitely make it a point to visit the Laughing Cat again if I can get in.

2 Thank Trip4AWeekend
Vancouver, British Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence in Ybor City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

Superior to any restaurant that we found in Tuscany, Italy! Everything cooked to order with the freshest of ingredients. Fun service beyond reproach. This was just perfect for our last night in Tampa before flying home to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
We will be back!