“Gorgeous views and good food”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Rocky Point Dr./Courtney Campbell Causeway
Transit: There is shuttle service provided from all the major hotels in the area, that will bring you directly to our doorstep. Including, The Sailport, The Double Tree, The Chase Suites, and The Holiday Inn.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed in Tampa for a few weeks during March and April. Our hotel was a very short walk to the Rusty Pelican so we strolled over and had dinner a couple of nights. The food was consistently very good - the pre-meal bread was excellent. Service was consistently very good. Views are spectacular.

Every time we ate here my wife had the stone crab claws either as an appetizer, an entree, or both! It's not a cheap or quick place to eat but you will leave needing to get on the treadmill in the morning and generally quite satisfied.

On one of our visits the restaurant was hosting a wedding reception in another area. It was a bit distracting with bridesmaids and groomsmen and random wedding quests repeatedly walking through the dining area but having married both of my kids off recently we were sympathetic.

There are newer reviews for Rusty Pelican

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The staff was well-trained and friendly. The sunset view was spectacular! They were out of the stone crab special, but the grouper and ahi were excellent.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is amazing! I had the shrimp Rustico and my husband had the stuffed grouper. Both were delicious. I had a key lime martini that was absolutely perfect! The homemade bread basket was a nice and filling touch. The service and atmosphere were outstanding.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I completely love this place and recommend it to all of my friends! The food here was delicious their filet minon was on point! The chef also gave us a little something extra to try out and I thought that was great! 5 stars guys keep up the great work!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Business meal with a group of 5. The place was enormous and there were very few people there. We had a nice meal with decent service. The seasonal greens salad was tasty. The grouper was OK. It had mango salsa which was more like sautéed onions over the top.