“Lovely Setting, Service and Really Good Food”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,458 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Rocky Point Dr./Courtney Campbell Causeway
Transit: There is shuttle service provided from all the major hotels in the area, that will bring you directly to our doorstep. Including, The Sailport, The Double Tree, The Chase Suites, and The Holiday Inn.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The most beautiful setting, amid tropical plants and perched on the water, our window seat overlooked a spectacular view of the the sunset. There was a fireplace, a piano player, a bar and a formal ambience but you can dress casual, we wore jeans and sneakers. Our waitress took great care of us. We had delicious apps and entrees. Would definitely go back, it was a nice dining experience.

1  Thank Cindy B

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We came to the restaurant a few minutes before their lunch seating ended. We left, thinking we were too late, and a wonderful waitress (we didn't catch her name) tracked us down and insisted we stay. Boy are we glad she did! The grouper was excellent! The view of the restaurant is gorgeous- we enjoyed watching the rays out in the bay. Thank you so much for a great time!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a wonderful time here for our sisters wedding reception. Very accommodating staff. The food was fantastic! You know you just never know with event food, but this was topnotch! We had grouper and it was done perfect! I cleaned my plate. The view is fabulous and you feel like you're right on top of the water. The clouds prevented a full picturesque sunset that night, but I can imagine some lovely shots taken from there. The building is older, historic like, and just charming.

1  Thank Heidi L
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I went out to celebrate our 11th anniversary at the Rusty Pelican. There is nothing rusty about the ambiance the service nor the food. Wood and stone with fireplaces strategically placed both inside and out. Our server was Danielle. and from the moment we were introduced she was both attentive and knowledgeable. MY lovely bride chose the shank and the portion was large enough to feed a small army. If that was the only entrée we had I would have rated it a 10. But, I chose the crab stuffed grouper. Saying this was the most delicious fish meal I have ever eaten does not do it justice. My tastes buds are still begging me to return. So delicious my wife decided that WE must share the dish. Plenty to go around. On hearing it was our anniversary the bar tender had a champagne toast sent to our table. The views of the waterway from our table were an added bonus. A must do on any list.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This elegant restaurant is only surpassed by it's elegant food. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had. There is no dress code and we were welcomed even in shorts and t-shirts after being on the water most of the day. We were seated at one of the front tables and the view was fantastic. We ordered an appetizer of the scallops which were to die for and the rest of each meal was the same. Just a great overall dining experience.

2  Thank garyDallas_Tx

Been to Rusty Pelican? Share your experiences!