“Excellent food!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kojak's House of Ribs

Kojak's House of Ribs
Ranked #46 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located one block west of historic Bayshore Blvd nestled under several grand oak trees. A 1927 bungalow converted into a restaurant. Serving South Tampa since 1978. Family owned and operated.
“Excellent food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We ordered the 3 meat combo plates. Huge servings. Great food. Server was extremely friendly and was very helpful. If i ever get back to Tampa this place will be on my must do list.

Tampa, Florida
“Great little family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We live on MacDill AFB so its extremely close - on Gandy a block or two off bay shore. Good food - good prices. Extremely consistent - same good quality each and every time. The place is always packed but you can't get much faster service once you get a table - same friendly employees each visit. The kids love not waiting - I love the prices. Way better than Applebees and those chain restaurants. The ribs with potatoes and slaw is my favorite dish. The 'home made' Sangria is great. They also have cold beer at a reasonable price. They had a 20 percent Military discount on Tuesday (pretty sure it goes every Tuesday not sure). I seen a lot of people complaining on here that they don't have wipes - agreed they should have wipes but we some how find a way to survive and keep coming back. Its a great simple family restaurant - nothing to fancy - just good food at a good price which is great for us.

Also - our kids are going on teenagers and eat off of the adult menu so I'm not sure about the kids menu.

2 Thank Tim A
cforney450, General Manager at Kojak's House of Ribs, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. We strive for consistency. We appreciate your business. We do have wetnaps.
Columbus, Ohio
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We met a friend, who is a local, at Kojak's for lunch. We got to sit out on the porch which was great because the weather was beautiful. It was great because there were a lot of servicemen and women coming and going which was great to see. We had a wonderful waiter who was attentive and very sweet.

Now to the food and drink. They had a pretty lame beer selection, it wasn't great but they did have a couple of local beers which was good. The menu looked awesome and we were ready to dig in.

Now, I don't mind a simple presentation but the food was served on the most generic cafeteria style plates. I ordered the two meat combo with ribs and chicken. The chicken was really great, it had a great flavor and it was a large piece. The ribs were a little disappointing, they were a little dry like maybe they were from the day before. They did have a nice, spicy sauce that I used to liven up the ribs. The sides I chose were macaroni salad and green beans, both were very average.

My friend had the 3 meat combo with ribs, sausage, and chicken. He loved it and ate very bite so that was good.

Hubby had the ribs, brisket, and sausage, he commented that the meal was pretty average too.

All in all, I would not return to Kojak's when there are so many other great restaurants in the area.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I will usually hunt for good barbecue places, and when I read about Kojak's on TA I figured I would give it a try. I got the 2 choice combo with ribs and pulled pork. They were very good, but a little greasier then I am used to. The sides I tried were not near as good as the meats. Green beans were out of the can, and I think the baked beans might have been too, but neither was as good as I had expected.

• Visited February 2014
Thank Mike741776 .
tampa
“Stick with the ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stick with the ribs they were very good even with out any sauce and tender. The potatoes were not bad not overly greasy as some have stated. I was not impressed with the chicken too dry which was surprizing since it was a leg/ thigh.

Visited January 2014