“Satisfied!”

Kojak's House of Ribs
Ranked #43 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located one block west of historic Bayshore Blvd nestled under several grand oak trees. A 1927 bungalow converted into a restaurant. Serving South Tampa since 1978. Family owned and operated.
“Satisfied!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Quick and friendly service and the food was very good for what we paid. Potatoes with parsley was great too. Nice evening we spent.

Visited December 2013

Newton Falls
“Delicious Every Time!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Kojak's is always a must when my husband and I are in Florida. We love the pulled pork! It's an easy drive from anywhere in the St. Petersburg/ Tampa area. If it wasn't 1000 miles from home, we'd eat there once a week!

Rochester Hills, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Traveled from Michigan For Kojak's”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family was in Orlando for the Christmas holiday and I had a hankerin for some ribbage. Christmas morning, I submitted a request, from the Contact Us page of their website, to see if they were open on Thursday 12/26 and for directions from Orlando. Chris, from Kojak's, answered my request - on Christmas Day!! We were on their front porch the next afternoon. The Rib Dinner is BBQ at its best. My wife and daughter had the BBQ chicken and even requested a carryout, with a double helping of baked beans, so they could enjoy Kojak's the next day in Orlando. Great BBQ and worth the trip - no matter where you are starting from.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank OhRochester
cforney450, General Manager at Kojak's House of Ribs, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Florida. Have a safe and happy new year.
Bermuda
“A yummy dinner”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had seen this advertised and sounded interesting. An old house houe converted into a restaruant with very friendly staff and good atmosphere. The ribs were excellent and the small portion was ideal for me while my husband had the slightly larger one which he just about finished but they were so good. Staff were very friendy too and reasonably priced. Well worth a visit if you enjoy ribs!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Di S
Franklin, Tennessee
“Really solid BBQ, consistently good”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stop here often when in Tampa from TN. The BBQ ribs are tasty and have a nice smoke. They don't need sauce although the have it. The chicken is another solid choice. Plenty of taste in the chicken. Beans and parley potatoes. Nothing fancy but gets the basics right. Half chicken was 10. Rib diner is 12. Service is quick. Location is a bit out of the way but worth it.

• Visited December 2013