“Good quality, healthy sized portions!”

Kojak's House of Ribs
Ranked #43 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located one block west of historic Bayshore Blvd nestled under several grand oak trees. A 1927 bungalow converted into a restaurant. Serving South Tampa since 1978. Family owned and operated.
Lake City, Florida
“Good quality, healthy sized portions!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited Kojaks based on other Trip Advisor reviews. We visited at lunchtime and there was plenty of seating available. We each got the ribs and they were excellent. Our meals came out quick and hot. Good portions and tasty sides. We each got 2 different side dishes and they were all good. Definitely a great place to get BBQ in Tampa.

• Visited August 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Good ribs, fast service!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch during a quick trip to Tampa. They had good service and were friendly. The food was tasty and had large portions. My ribs were very good.

Visited August 2013
Warren, Vermont
“Dry ribs - NOT 'fall of the bone tender'”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'd passed this place many times before looking for online reviews. As usual, some reviews were positive, some negative, some just mediocre. Giving the place the benefit of the doubt, I stopped in, chat with the owner/manager, and he assured me, "After trying these, you'll be back!" Unfortunately, the slab of ribs as precut into individual ribs, so whatever juice may have been in the ribs was gone. The ribs were NOT tender, and the ribs did NOT fall off the bone. The ribs were like those you get at the Golden Corral that sit under infrared heat for too long. One can make any number of excuses for the poor quality of ribs at such a popular eatery. As for me, the FIRST impression stands. As for others, "Caveat Emptor."

• Visited July 2013
cforney450, General Manager at Kojak's House of Ribs, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your ribs. I hope you can give us another try.
“Superb BBQ Food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited here after our trip to Busch Gardens and boy we're we glad we did. This place deserves to be more popular than in it already is. Great food, we had the special ribs, friendly service, we had a great chat with Chris. We expected a large bill but the price with tips is probably the best value for money meal in Florida. Also try the apple cake and chocolate, not to be missed. Will be back next time were over there.

• Visited August 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your ribs. I hope you can give us another try.
“Not to be missed home style BBQ”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Casual indoor and porch seating. Unbelievably fast and friendly service. We were so impressed at the speed that we timed a party of 8 at the next table: six minutes! My ribs and parsley potatoes were outstanding. Bill for our party of 6 was $51 including tax. Wow.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Kojak's House of Ribs? Share your experiences!