“Amazing Flavor, Ridiculously Slow Service”

Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,380 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cypress between Lois & Westshore
Description: Charley's Steak House Aged Steaks & Market Fresh Fish is truly the most award-winning restaurant in Tampa! Among its many accolades, Charley's has been voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence and Sante Awards for High Level of Professional Service & Culinary Cuisine. Our USDA Prime & Choice steaks are aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-grilled over our unique 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fueled custom pit. To increase flavor, Charley's cuts all their steaks "on the bone" because their bone releases flavor and helps the meat retain its natural juices during the cooking process. A lively and energetic lounge, chef-driven daily specials, signature steaks, an award-winning wine list and top notch service enhances each guest's dining experience to the fullest!
“Amazing Flavor, Ridiculously Slow Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that EVERY item I ordered had amazing flavor, including the cocktails...probably on my list of top three Steak Houses I have ever dined in. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the service. Although the staff was friendly and knowledgeable, they seemed to be either understaffed or lacking focus. By the way, it wasn't really busy. There were several empty tables around us. I had reservations for 8:00pm and it took about an hour before they took our order. Then it took another hour to get our entrees. My steak was over cooked and when my server offered to bring me another one, I refused! I was not waiting another hour to get another steak. I have to admit, even though it was not cooked to my desired temperature, the flavor was amazing. My server did offer a free desert for the inconvenience, and I accepted, but I feel they could have done something more, considering the extremely long wait we had and the fact that the steak was over cooked. I read other reviews about this place being way to slow, but I was also told that the food was awesome. Both statements are very accurate. So if you like a great tasting steak and don't mind waiting forever to be served, you gotta try this place.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan M

Tampa
“Below expectations”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Perhaps this visit to Charley's was an aberration. The entire experience didn't match previous visits. The salad was soggy. The vegetables were under cooked. My steak was fine, My son's needed to be sent back to be "warmed" up. I am not certain if it was the kitchen or the waiter that was responsible for a cold steak being delivered to our table.
The staff was friendly and did fix our requests, but I don't expect these types of problems at a restaurant of this stature and/or expense. I hope our dinner was an isolated experience.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank sadkins33
Tampa, Florida
“amazing!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

this restaurant was amazing! we had Frias as our waiter and he did an amazing job! brought out a slab with all the different meat choices and we actually got to pick the steak we wanted. for the two of us it was about $100 but it was well worth the price. i will definitely be going back. best steak ever!!!!

• Visited May 2014
“Uniquely flavored super tender steaks.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Relaxing meal with an old friend. We both enjoyed the unique orangewood flavor. Service was attentive without intruding on our conversation. Steaks were cooked to perfection.

• Visited June 2014
Sarasota
“The place for steak ”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Charley's is a great place after a long day. The atmosphere is cozy and the service and food are excellent. Other than the 8 oz. Filet Mignon, I found no steak smaller than 12 oz. I had their NY Strip and it was perfectly prepared to my request. The entree comes with a salad and their cheese bread, but everything else is ala carte. It is pricey but worth it. Be prepared to come out smelling a little smokey due to the wood fired grill.