“Pretty darn good”

Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,407 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cypress between Lois & Westshore
Description: Charley's Steak House Aged Steaks & Market Fresh Fish is truly the most award-winning restaurant in Tampa! Among its many accolades, Charley's has been voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence and Sante Awards for High Level of Professional Service & Culinary Cuisine. Our USDA Prime & Choice steaks are aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-grilled over our unique 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fueled custom pit. To increase flavor, Charley's cuts all their steaks "on the bone" because their bone releases flavor and helps the meat retain its natural juices during the cooking process. A lively and energetic lounge, chef-driven daily specials, signature steaks, an award-winning wine list and top notch service enhances each guest's dining experience to the fullest!
Frederick, Maryland
“Pretty darn good”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Let me start by saying I'm not a big steak eater- I'd rather have a hot dog. But a friend with whom I attended a conference really wanted to go. I liked the decor which seemed relaxed and old timey. It was kind of loud, which I didn't like much. We found the service to be very good. My companions never had to ask for another drink. The rolls were great- probably my favorite part of the meal. The salad was ok but nothing special. I ordered the Kansas City strip which was awesome. It was well-cooked and had a baconey flavor. It was delicious. My friend got the New York strip, which was also very good- but not as good as mine. We only got one side dish, mashed potatoes, which were pretty good. The final tab was pretty pricey, but I had no regrets. On the whole, it was an enjoyable meal

Tampa, Florida
“BEST. STEAK. EVAR!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My lovely girlfriend took me to Charleys to celebrate my new job and let me say, I was blown away. Our sever, William, was amazing. Knowledgeable, attentive, funny, and extremely helpful. The Ribeye I had was quite possibly the best steak I have ever had. The drinks were amazing. The ambiance was perfect. I will not be going back to Burns any time soon. Charleys is my new favorite steak in Tampa!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Charley is my best friend”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We love to go to Charley's Steakhouse. We go as often as possible to the Celebration location and always request the always efficient and pleasant Shawn Watson. We were staying next door to the Tampa location and decided to visit Charley here. The service was excellent (even though we didn't have the Shawn touch) and the food excellent (as always) Some people say that the prices are high but in my opinion Charley;s is a much better value than the rubber chicken banquet food served at the convention next door. Charley - take me away!
my only negative, we had a table right by the window right at sunset and the sun was pouring into the room with no blinds or shades to block its intensity.

Clearwater, Florida
“best steak in tampa bay area”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

this restaurant has the best steaks in tampa bay ;fabulous filet amazing!other special order items crab cakes, au gratin potatoes, mixed vegetables,mushrooms, deserts also great!

Lutz, Florida
“Excellent Steak & Service”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our neighbors took us here and we had a great time. The steaks were excellent and our waitress Susan was excellent.

• Visited May 2014