“Excellent Service”

Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,405 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cypress between Lois & Westshore
Description: Charley's Steak House Aged Steaks & Market Fresh Fish is truly the most award-winning restaurant in Tampa! Among its many accolades, Charley's has been voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence and Sante Awards for High Level of Professional Service & Culinary Cuisine. Our USDA Prime & Choice steaks are aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-grilled over our unique 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fueled custom pit. To increase flavor, Charley's cuts all their steaks "on the bone" because their bone releases flavor and helps the meat retain its natural juices during the cooking process. A lively and energetic lounge, chef-driven daily specials, signature steaks, an award-winning wine list and top notch service enhances each guest's dining experience to the fullest!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place to bring clients for a great steak and drinks. Tareq is my usual waiter and does an outstanding job. We had the stone crab app and it was perfect and crab was fresh. Go often with clients while in Tampa. Bar drinks are outstanding and the size is perfect. Kansas City strip is perfect, not a lot of bone and a lot of steak.

Tampa, Florida
“Bern's is Better”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We made an 8:45 reservation, but we weren't seated until 9:30. Although frustrated by the wait, we were able to get drinks at the bar and wait in a large waiting area. Once seated, the experience improved. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. The crab cake appetizer was delicious, as was my 10 oz. filet mignon. It was perfectly cooked with an amazing crust; one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. My husband's 14 oz. filet mignon, however, had about 2 oz. of fat on it, so he was less happy. The side dishes, which are a la carte, were just average. Our dessert (a lightweight, tiramisu-like cake) was fantastic. Overall, my steak was delicious, but Bern's is an overall better value, and I have never had to wait at Bern's after making a reservation.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“Great service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Whatever complaints i have about the food, and they are minor, they were more than overcome by the terrific server staff. There were many hands to respond to any needs at our table of 15 and we never waited for anything. The pacing of food may have been a tad slow but ok overall. The quality of the food and preparation was typical big steakhouse and nothing really stood out. It met those expectations. Extensive wine list. I would eat there agin but I will be more specific about food preparation for my taste. Great place for a large, noisy group.

Poland, Maine
“To die for...”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was a night out to dinner with 25 friends post Carnival cruise and you could imagine, we spent the week eating on the cruise so there was no shortage of food. We were all seated in a side room together which allowed us to converse and enjoy the experience which was second to none. The atmosphere was elegant yet not over the top, the service was timely and upbeat, and the food was over the top and something special. I would rate Charley's up there with The Hilltop Steak House or any Ruth Chris. It was a great night of food and drink. Worth the visit if you are in the area and up for really great steak/seafood dining options.

Plant City, Florida
“Best Steakhouse in Town!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to Charley's many times, but I have to say, they are by far the best steakhouse in the area. The service is always great. The food is wonderful. The steaks are exceptional. It is a high class restaurant that you can dress casual for the dinner. I absolutley love this restaurant.

My dream menu (well not a dream, but I have had it and continue to do so...)

Some sort of infused martini!
We most recently enjoyed the crab cakes on a cedar plank. It was delightful.
Escargot - the abosulte best!
House salad with blue cheese.
Kobe beef steak, although the buffalo steak is not on the menu it is a great option for those looking for less fat.
Augratin potatoes are great.
The baked potatoes look great with all the sides...
Dessert! I would like an expresso martini with the chocolate, to die for cake, but they have some really great options....

I LOVE CHARLEY'S!!!!!