“Forget Berns, drive past Flemmings....stop at Charley's!!!”

Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Market Fresh Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cypress between Lois & Westshore
Description: Charley's Steak House Aged Steaks & Market Fresh Fish is truly the most award-winning restaurant in Tampa! Among its many accolades, Charley's has been voted one of the Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America, Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence and Sante Awards for High Level of Professional Service & Culinary Cuisine. Our USDA Prime & Choice steaks are aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-grilled over our unique 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fueled custom pit. To increase flavor, Charley's cuts all their steaks "on the bone" because their bone releases flavor and helps the meat retain its natural juices during the cooking process. A lively and energetic lounge, chef-driven daily specials, signature steaks, an award-winning wine list and top notch service enhances each guest's dining experience to the fullest!
Riverview, Florida
“Forget Berns, drive past Flemmings....stop at Charley's!!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had read the reviews, good and bad, and as my wife and I can be critical on restaurants...we have nothing but rave reviews for Charley's Steakhouse!!! We had what I think had to be the best seat in the house next to an aquarium that kept us entertained all evening. We ordered the 50oz Porterhouse and the Gigantic Lobster tail. We split it and still took food home. It was cooked so well, it melted in our mouths.

Kari, our server was amazing and we never had to ask for anything. Our iced teas were never empty and she even cut up our humungous steak table side.

Do yourself a favor on a special occassion or even a date night or even to impress out of town visitors....go to Charley's and get treated to the best meal you will have anywhere!

Lutz, Florida
“Overrated and outdated”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went here with a friend from out of town who had also heard that this was a great restaurant. I was sorely disappointed. I can make better steak on the grill anytime. I took home what I thought was half my steak, but I ended up feeding it to my dogs since it was mostly fat and gristle. The sushi-style tuna was sliced too thin and too coated with sesame seeds to even taste the tuna. The salad was an uninspired mess of wilted iceberg lettuce with a creamy, nondescript salad dressing on it. I would have much preferred to go to Outback... three or four times for the price of one Charley's meal. I won't go back. The decor was tired and outdated. We were seated in a side room, next to a dehumidifier which couldn't quite mask the smell of mildew in the old rugs and curtains. It seems I went on the same night as Stan33572... and was equally unimpressed.

Treasure Island, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best steakhouse in Tampa”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a regular for our family. Always the highest quality food and service. The cowboy ribeye is one of our favorites. We also like the lobster mac and cheese and the asparagus as excellent side dishes.

Visited October 2012
Apollo Beach, Florida
“All show and no go!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bottom line: Ten of us went to Charley's on Friday night, the 2nd of Nov, and ten of us will never return! Details: We arrived at Charley's just before our 6PM reservations and were seated promptly. That may have been the highlight of the evening. Our wait staff was prompt to greet us and begin explaining what Charley's had to offer. We ordered an appetizer sampler, the calamari was chewy and the coating was bland, some of the shrimp were overcooked and the crab was also bland. The waiter put on a little show explaining all the cuts of beef and where they originated from. There was one available which was not on the menu, the Rib Eye and out of all the steaks we order, only the two Rib Eye steaks were considered edible. The rest of us had the strip steak, some with the bone, some without the bone. Seven of us were extremely disappointed at the quality of the steak. It was loaded with fat and gristle, was chewy and had no flavor! I know this will be hard to believe for a so called "Steak House". We just sat there astounded and especially at the price of these cuts, $42.00 and up! My wife had the beef tips with vegetables. The vegetable was cut in half and placed on the fire without some much as seasoning or oil. They were so bland. We did express our disappointment to the wait staff and I suppose they told Management. We were then treated, gratis, to two large plates with various desserts. Sadly, we all agreed the desserts were not baked at the restaurant but were the same type you find in commercial kitchens. Creme brûlée was the only redeeming value in those trays. The 'free' dessert samplers did not, in any way, make up for the disappointing beef. So, in addition to having mediocre food at upscale prices, they refused to write separate checks. This is inexcusable when you have a party of 10 and only some are drinking wine. We had to go through a number of gyrations to figure each persons contribution to dinner. As a group we have eaten at some of the most upscale restaurants in the Tampa Bay area and have never been told 'no' for separate checks. That is just pure laziness and uncaring, it's not rocket science to prepare separate checks especially when one person agreed to have the wine added to their bill. I gave this place a POOR rating. At the prices they charge Average would not truly describe our experience. None of us mind paying the price for an upscale meal but this was quality less than steaks we have all purchased at local grocery stores. Don't be disappointed, if you are looking for a very special meal for a very special occasion or just a great meal, keep going!

3 Thank Stan33572
Tampa, Florida
“Great steaks”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Though we haven't been in a while, Charley's has great steaks. It's a very nice place for a nice night out on the town.