“Perfect father/son fishing experience”

Shallow Point Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: My 27 foot boat floats in 10 inches of water for flats fishing. We are catching Tarpon, Snook, Redfish, Jack Crevalle, Permit, Pompano, Cobia, Shark, Snapper, Black Sea Bass, Sheepshead, Trout, Mackerel and Bluefish. At the same time we are able to go shallow we can handle bay and offshore fishing comfortably for up to 6 people! A 2013 250hp Yamaha 4 stroke, twin 10 ft. Power pole shallow water anchors and a 14 foot tower will provide you a fishing machine unrivaled in the industry. I also have a first mate that will make the trip a first class experience!
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our fishing trip with Captain Dave was truly memorable. He proved to be extremely knowledgable, patient, fun, and an effective teacher for my eight year old son's first fishing experience. From redfish to shark to snook, he got us into all the right spots at the right times and we caught 15+ fish over a half day charter. Captain Dave is the only guy I'll hire when I return to fish in the Tampa area.

TampaFlatsFishing, Manager at Shallow Point Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

I am a father of two kids. 13 and 10 year olds now. I obviously fish with them so I kind of get what needs to happen! But I can say that you guys crushed the HUGE SNOOK!!! HuGE REDFISH and HUGE TROUT! along with all sorts of other goodies to the boat! That is what I strive for an EPIC experience and an all out brawl with the fish! Make it a great day and be good! Hope to see you out again!

Fish on!

Dave

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Capatain had no intention of taking us on our fishing trip, he had his own agenda and did not care what we were looking for. Little or no instruction on his expectations after hooking a fish ,no opportunity to learn from him,
Waste of money, I hire 6 to10 guides a year and this was the wost experience I have had with a guide for several years. I suggest you shop for another guide and fish elsewhere.

1  Thank sanjuan1972
TampaFlatsFishing, Owner at Shallow Point Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

If you come fishing with me I am a high energy tournament winning full time fishing guide. I can tell you what I tell all my clients 1) reel - as in Florida we use circle hooks so if you stop reeling the fish will escape. 2) tip up- meaning point the rod tip in the air and let the rod do the bending. 3) Do not drop the tip of the rod and then lift it rapidly- the loop in the line is the exact shape if the hookahs the fish will be released 4 ) we need to be quiet in the flats while stalking redfish and snook or tarpon. With all that if the fish are not biting, you bring bananas or your own fishing gear I can not help. I hope you find whatever solace you are looking for and feel better soon. Be good Richard!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would highly recommend Capt. Dave if you are looking for an excellent fishing experience on Tampa Bay. Dave is extremely knowledgable about the area and the many species of fish available. He is a high energy guide with a positive attitude and a hard core fishing mentality. I travel to the Tampa area every year and have fished with several guides, both salt and fresh water. I can say Dave left a very good impression with me and we will be booking trips in the future for sure. Check out Shallow Point charters on youtube and facebook. He has a ton of videos to watch so you can see what you are getting in to.

Here is a short video I made after our trip with Shallow Point Charters:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nW…

1  Thank Jmoore9543
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We just left the dock. Captain David is awesome. He put us right on the fish and I caught a 37" Snook. My husband caught numerous fish as well as a 41" Snook

Highly, highly recommend this day of fishing to anyone who wants to have fun.

Carbaugh's
MD

1  Thank Kathy C
TampaFlatsFishing, Owner at Shallow Point Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

I really enjoyed you guys out on the boat! Thank you for being cool and great listeners and anglers. You made the day very enjoyable! Thanks! I appreciate it! It means the world to me!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I planned a team building event for my RVP and team. Captain Dave was awesome and personal. He took very good care of everything and everyone. He picked them up at their hotel, which made it extremely easy to plan. I would definitely book Dave again and highly recommend!

Been to Shallow Point Charters? Share your experiences!