Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Lowry Park
from $36.95
More Info
All reviews fantastic zoo water area kiddie rides couple hours safari ride animal habitats annual pass older kids busch gardens few hours exhibits meerkat zoos cages birds manatees picnic
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2019

The zoo was very well kept up, but I thought the admission price was quite steep. The food & souvenirs were in par with today's prices. Lots of exercising walking all around & it was nice to have a partial amusement area too. I would advise to go on a weekday so you don't get crowded out. It was about 80 the day we went and by mid day we were so hot so again try to go on a cooler day because most of the animals were under in dens or back by their rock caves. The park was very well kept up, but I was hoping for more wild exotic animals, not just a deer you can see anywhere or wolves. They only had 3 elephants, 1 tiger that we saw & 1 giraffe & 2 zebras. Maybe they were elsewhere, or the the heat had them off seeking shade & lots of construction going on which seemed to hamper some attractions not even open. For the price you pay, I didn't think it was worth it. But made a good day of it anyways.

Reviewed February 15, 2019

I loved it!! It was a very good experience, I enjoyed every step. The animals are very well cared for and you can interact with some of them.
As an animal lover, I recommend it.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Lowry Park Zoo is a great opportunity to get some walking in while enjoying the wildlife. They are working on the park, but I felt appreciative of all the work they have done & are still doing to make it even better. The basic entrance fee is reasonable & you can "buy up" if you want to have close up encounters with some of the animals (like feeding). The tram is a must because it goes around the large fenced areas of the larger animals. Then you can walk on the other side for a different perspective. I really appreciated some of the garden areas that were done by groups or volunteers to provide a more pleasing environment. (I am sure upkeep can become very expensive when visitors are not respectful). They don't allow you to bring your own picnic in, but we found a reasonable lunch that we enjoyed. All of the people working there that we interacted with were, not only professional, but also pleasant & knowledgeable. For us, it was a very stress free, enjoyable day.

Reviewed February 7, 2019

great place to have a picnic along the peaceful river. across from the zoo very convenient. no entrance fee.

Reviewed January 16, 2019

Easy to walk around. Plenty of places to grab a bite. Great place to go and spend some time enjoying the animals and the weather.

Date of experience: January 2019