“LOWRY PARK ZOO ROCKS”

and up
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #43 of 198 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great zoo with a few good rides too. The place is the perfect size as it is a mid-size zoo so you don't feel overwhelmed. Kids love it as well as adults. We got a year long pass as it is that good~ Go by yourself or with the family for the day and have a blast~

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The whole family really loved it here. So much to see and do! We will definately go back next time we are in Florida

Reviewed August 13, 2014

There is a wonderful experience waiting for you here. I had not been to the Zoo in at least a decade and I was amazed at how the habitats looked and the variety of animals here. All are from the same type climate zone we share from other parts of the world.

I liked everything but did notice a few things could use paint touch-up. But then I remembered that our City gives practically MO MONEY to this Zoo - it has to rely on donations and fund raising (unlike other major Zoos in the USA). It is clean and now I am looking for ways to help raise money for this GREAT PLACE and attraction in my home town. How could I not go for 10 years? I am hitting myself on the head.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I love t u is zoo, rated as America's best medium sized zoos. The park is eady to get to, lots of parki, spotless, freindly and helpful staff, very reasonably priced, and not too big to navigate in a day. The exhibits are very good, in particular Auzie section with loose wallabies, and the African Plains, where you can feed Giraffes on a bridge at eye level. The lorikeets are also fun to feed; they perch on your hand and drink nectar out of a little cup you purchase for $3.00. I have taken many to this zoo, and all rave about the day spent, and in turn have returned with their friends and families.

1  Thank lovetodineFlorida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We visited Lowry Park Zoo on a hot summer day. The zoo is nicely laid out from a visiting perspective in that there was some shade at most of the exhibits for the tourists. If not for the shade, it would have been too hot to enjoy. We were able to see everything in a few hours.

There were a number of groups of children from summer camps or daycares that were touring the day we visited. The park has a fountain area in the center that many children were running through to cool off.

There were a number of very young animals that appeared to have been born at the zoo. It was interesting to see these young creatures. In particular there were two baby elephants on the day we visited. If it had not been so hot, I would have loved to have watched these little elephants play for longer.

I am not a zoo expert, but a number of the animals appeared to be distressed. I am not sure if it was because of the oppressive heat, or whether they were stressed because of their captivity. One bear sat rolling his head back and forth that I found very disturbing.

There was an exhibit that allowed you to put your hands onto a stingray and the stingrays seemed to really enjoy being touched as they continually swam by to be patted by the people.

If you plan to visit, I would recommend that you plan to do so in the spring, fall or winter as it is very hot during the summer.

Been to Lowry Park? Share your experiences!