“Fresh, tasty and welcome”
Review of Copper Fish - CLOSED

Copper Fish
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
TPA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, tasty and welcome”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Copper Fish feels more west coats than south Tampa, but chargrilled fresh locally (and not-so) sourced ingredients are exactly what diners in Tampa needed. The servers are fun and informed, pleasant and professional and teh place beckons you to return for another taste, This is a neighborhood gem, good for foodies, groups and early or late-night dining, drinks and oyster tasting in addition to its full-serve menus Try it!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Copper Fish has done a great job with this location, which has struggled for years keeping a decent establishment. I loved the oyster menu and the black grouper was one of the best grouper dishes of my life. Wonderful service and just all around a great time. I will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding Food/Very Overpriced”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food at Copperfish is outstanding, the service good, and the atmosphere is really nice. Very unfortunately, the food is grossly overpriced and the portions small. I ordered a fish dish ($29) that came only with a small salad. I had to order another side dish to make a full meal. I am hopeful this restaurant will do well, but the owners will want to consider adjusting prices.

1 Thank Girl2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Father's Day Eve Dinner Disappointment”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Vary rarely does my husband show me a review and let me know he would like to try an eatery out but it happened after a review in the St. Pete. Times after he read a review that made the Copper Fish sound and look awesome. I made reservations over a week in advance for the Satruday evening before Father's Day; we would celebrate with another couple so it was a reservation for 4. I also called and confirmed. We ordered the seafood tower for 4 people. It was barely enough for 2. The lobster also came not cracked and I had to ask for a cracker to eat the claws. The atmosphere was horrible. We were fist given a table by the bathroom and asked to be moved. After, what seemed to take a court order; we were given a large booth that was difficult to get in and out of. The atmosphere was so loud that we literally could not have a good conversation. We do not get together with the couple we were with vary often and looked so forward to catching up, having a great evening with great food... I would have much preferred to purchase seafood at one of our great fish stores and with the money (our meal for the 2 of us was over $200 without tip) buy a lobster, get much more in the way of shrimp, clams and eat and enjoy company of friends at our own home that go to this place. The parking is aweful!! There isn't any really and you are forced into a vallet situation. We won't be back and I feel the review was misleading.

3 Thank Vinnie1973
Tampa
“Great Service! Great Food! Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This restaurant is upscale but very charming at the same time! You can choose to sit on the patio next to the fountain, at the lounge or in the main dining room. Our server was very attentive and made some great recommendations making our experience one we won't forget. My husband and I ordered their grilled oysters and combo skillet (mussels, gulf shrimp and clams) which was quite decadent. I ordered the shrimp and scallops while my husband had the angry lobster which had cayenne, chili oil and some other great spices. We ended our dining experience with their butterscotch creme brulee! Amazing. My husband and I will definitely come back.