“A little tough to find, but worth looking. Nice Italian Food, cozy restaurant, good service”
Review of Cena

Cena
Reserve with OpenTable
Cena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 2,450 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a nice dinner here the other night. The restaurant really isn't on Kennedy, and there is construction, so it's a little hard to find. That being said, it's worth the extra effort.

There was a fried duck egg appetizer that was interesting, but not jaw dropping.

The Caesar salad was the best I've had in a very long time in a restaurant. The real thing, as it should be made. Definitely don't skip this.

The wild mushroom risotto was well prepared, and very tasty. The Bronzini was a little smaller than we were used to getting in SF or Napa, but well cooked, and flavorful. The lamp chops were perfectly prepared, and they were nice enough to substitute the sides from the filet, which made it more enjoyable for me. The kids liked the spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were outstanding.

All in all, and very nice meal.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in town for a Conference and were recommended to go to CENA for Italian food and were not disappointed. If you are not from the area you would never find this on your own - 1120 E. Kennedy Blvd. Ste 1102, Tampa. Very small, cozy, clean restaurant with impeccable service and awesome authentic Italian food. We did not experience crowds but I would imagine you should book a reservation on the weekend.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Appallingly after all the years I've eaten Michael's food I had only managed to eat at Cena once before. I'll be back a lot sooner. It's a comfortable spot and I love eating at the bar so as to allow for mingling with other guests.
Ryne and I sampled the menu starting with Carpaccio that was tender and had a delicious fig reduction that complemented the arugula that garnished. Arranchini were crispy and the cream sauce that accompanied was not overpowering and the final starter was the asparagus risotto that was perfectly done.
Our pasta was the bolognese and our entree the branzini that had a perfect crisped skin.
For desert we had Cena's version of tiramisu - a delicious ball of constructed yumminess.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We tried to visit Cena last month and they had over booked and the only option was to eat at the bar. That's fine if you're at Outback but when fine dining. So we left for Pene Rustica.
Then out of the blue I received a call from Stanley, the manager of Cena, apologizing about what happened to our reservation and offered us dinner and drinks on them. We accepted and I'm glad we did. The food was fantastic as was the service. I highly recommend this resturant.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Highlights: Oxtail gnocchi, asparagus risotto, tiramisu. All excellent. $5 house wine that was fantastic. Definitely be back!

3  Thank aloafman

Been to Cena? Share your experiences!