“Pool tables”

Cuisines: American
Hilliard
“Pool tables”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Came here one night for a night cap and some pool. Nice atmosphere, drinks were tasty, didn't eat but it was a nice place.

Visited August 2012

Brentwood, New York
“everyday sports bar”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The waitress service is good if not really really busy. your room service food comes from this place.

Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Players Sports Pub”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice place to go after 11 p.m. when you're looking for a late night snack and drink. This is within a hotel or actually right next to a hotel. Forgot the name of hotel though.

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Pub food? More like frozen food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate at this restaurant twice on April 18 while attending a conference at the hotel. I had high hopes for good pub food and what I got was mediocre thrown together food.

The first meal I had was the some chicken BLT club wrap thing of sorts. It was really a flatbread with the chicken, lettuce, tomato, bacon and chipotle sauce on it held together with a toothpick or sword thing they had. I also got a side salad. I should have had them keep the salad on the side of the trash can. Everything in the salad was wilted or over ripened and dry. This salad was not fresh and after one bite, I left it. The club wrap was a bit better. The flatbread is good. Chewy. I liked that. The rest was downhill. The chicken was chalky. IE: overcooked and left to sit out for a while. The tomatoes were overripe and mushy. The lettuce was wilted. The chipotle mayo was too spicy. Overall not a good meal!

I ate their a second time out of necessity. I was working on a project and this was the option for dinner. Another bad move. This time I ordered the three cheese quesadilla with steak. Mistake again. First, the plate is not attractive. The food didn't look appealing. The pico that came with it was dried out like they left the container out. The tomatoes were visibly dried out. The tortilla wasn't light and fluffy but dense and chewy. It was full of cheese but not a good flavorful cheese. The steak was the best thing about the quesadilla. I ended up pulling the steak out and eating that.

I follow this rule...one bad meal, OK, maybe it was a fluke. Two bad meals and you've lost me forever. I will never eat in the restaurant again if I return to the area.

Wait staff...the wait staff for lunch was disorganized and took forever to get items I requested. I even had to go to the bar to order food because the guy never came back. Dinner wait staff, very attentive. Not their fault the food was bad.

It's not a pricey place and for that I'm thankful.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT visit their web page. The annoying loud in your face music is awful! The scantily clad girl with the football is totally out of place. It's obvious they're trying to be cliche about a sports bar. BIG thumbs down!

• Visited April 2013

Been to Players Sports Pub? Share your experiences!