“stuffed”

Koizi Endless Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #354 of 2,458 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 10, 2014

hibachi was decent, the sushi was much better....Koizi roll was the best in my opinion....DON'T GET THE SNOW MOUNTAIN ROLL UNLESS YOU LIKE A LOT OF MAYONAISSE!!!!! for 20 bucks, you can't beat the all you can eat hibachi and sushi

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Do you want a lot of food for your money? Do you want a lot of mayonnaise for your money? You can stop reading and head on over to Koizi.

I'll admit that this is probably above average for buffet-style. But it's still mostly safe and bland fare. The biggest improvement over standard buffet is you don't have to get up.

There were a couple of rolls that were a notch or two above average, one being what I believe was called the Sexy Girl Roll. Others were several notches below. I wasn't kidding about the mayonnaise - the Snow Mountain Roll was basically mayo bisque.

I went for dinner, when the price is decent for the amount of food you can eat. The price for lunch seems much more attractive.

So if you absolutely must eat the most food possible, I am certain you could do worse, If you value quality over quantity however, you can definitely do better.

Service was quite spotty, but I'll give them a pass as some of the staff was clearly new.

1  Thank JUnderstudy
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Large "endless hibachi & sushi eatery" describes this well. Lots of children and college students because they can eat a lot on the cheap. The food is adequate. The decor is Home Depot/Lowe's Asian and the service is marginal.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My Colleagues and I frequent Koizi for lunch, and have noticed that their service has been consistently dwindling. It's a cheap place, so we understand that we're not going to receive white linen attention, but the staff attitude and willingness to communicate with guests to give a positive experience really suffers here. We went for lunch on what happened to be Valentine's Day. The waitress was rude to my collegue from the start, crassly reminding her of the myriad rule to dine in this establishment when she asked just to order an a la carte item rather than the all you can eat. She stated emphatically that we would all have to order a la carte or all you can eat; when my colleague explained that she was not a big eater the waitress rudely told her its an all you can eat restaurant so you should have gone somewhere else. She then kept coming back and condescendingly asking if my colleague wanted anything else than the roll she ordered, snidely reminding her that it was an all you can eat restaurant. This may sound a bit petty, but by the 5th such reminder this was clearly some form of condescension. When the check was brought we were charged $20, the dinner price. When we asked about this we were told valentine's day was special and that there was no lunch today. Of course we were not told this on seating - they said we should have read the menu closer; of course its not stated on the menur and the lunch and dinner menus are almost identical. The manager then said if we came here as often as we said we did, we should have noticed that they had a sign on the door all week saying that there would be no lunch today. We explained that when we arrived the door was propped open, so you couldn't read the 8.5x11 sign on the door.

Everytime I go to this place lately the food is great, but the way the staff interacts with customers regarding the many rules of engagement for dining here could really use the work. They really make clear that they would suspect you of stealing if you mix a la carte and all you can eat diners at a table, and really don't seem to care about meeting customer expectations. The manager and the wait staff were ver condescending, constantly asking if we understood the concept of the restaurant, and saying that we should be grateful that they didn't charge us for the unfinished sushi roll on the table at the time of billing; keep in mind we ended up finishing the roll and simply asked for the check early because the wait staff moves at a glacial speed. This is another way to run afoul of the rules here. We were reminded of so many rules about what kind of things you can order, what you can share, etc. that we were afraid to look at the flame show or hibachi tricks from the hibachi grills lest we be expected to pay for the pleasure of viewing them.

I really think with their current customer service policies and attitude this place will close its doors eventually. They really don't care about customer service here from what I can tell, or at least don't care to deal with the professional lunch clientel who have some service expectations. They get a lot of college business, and this demographic typically isn't a stickler for service which may explain the attitude of the wait staff.

I won't be going back here after this last time, and unless you want to grow old at your table waiting for food to come at a lunch that never ends, I would stay away too.

3  Thank Flynn V
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It is a really good place to dine in. Lunch is only 9.95 and dinner/Sunday meal only 17.95. You can have as many Sushi or Hibachi as you want. The taste is so good. They have more choice for dinner. If you go for lunch, do not miss the dancing crab roll and Hibachi shrimp. The average waiting time is around 25 to 30 minutes. But you can call at least one day in advance to make a reservation. Enjoy here

Been to Koizi Endless Hibachi & Sushi? Share your experiences!