“Happy Hour... Spicy Fried Oysters!”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boca Grande, Florida
“Happy Hour... Spicy Fried Oysters!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

What a great spot, beyond happy we tried this place out with family this past Saturday. We had a late reservation so we decided to roll the dice and see if we could get a high top near the bar instead earlier, we were very lucky. We apparently got there during their "Happy hour", I am not sure if $10 glasses of wine and appetizers qualify as a "deal" but they were very good. The fried oysters were amazing! I would come back just for those. We also shared the pot stickers and tuna appetizer. The tuna was the only disappointment during our entire meal, very bland and boring. We also shared the BLT salad and the wild mushroom salad, both we're very good. The sea-bass was out of this world along with the scallops. For sides I ordered the truffled Mac n cheese and the roasted beets. The Mac n cheese was a bit of an over kill especially with so many reviews on here raving about it, but the beets were awesome. For dessert we shared their "molten chocolate cake", it was exceptional. They have an extremely impressive wine selection as well as specialty cocktails. Great music in the bar area during dinner also.

The only reason I can't give the full 5 stars is because we felt extremely rushed during our meal, it was hard enough fitting the amount of food we ordered on the small high top with four people, food could have been spaced better. She took the phrase "turning tables" to an entirely different level for the worse. Especially paying 16$ / glass of wine I would have liked to enjoy it more.

Keep in mind everyone is extremely dressed up here, wouldn't suggest wearing casual attire.

Visited February 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent Rood-Resolved Service Issue”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Called to make a reservation for Sat 5-3 and was asked if it was a special occasion. I indicated an anniversary ( we're 2 men, mid 50's, 13 years). When we arrived there were 2 young women at the greeter stand. I gave my name, one of them looked down at a screen which must of indicated an anniversary. She literally snickered, then turned to her coworker and mouthed the word "anniversary?" Apparently she thought I couldn't see her while I was standing right in front of her. Hardly a positive first impression. I considered leaving immediately but decided not to let it ruin the evening. Everything other than that was great. We each had a drink, shared lobster tacos, ordered swordfish and scallops for entrees and a bottle of wine. All very good and the server Alejandro was very professional. $150 plus tip. A day or so later I received an email with a survey. I completed the survey noting the great food and polished server. I then commented on the hostess experience. Within a couple of days I was contacted by the Director of Operations for Darden/ Eddie V's. He was extremely responsive and fully addressed my concern. I have no doubt he was sincere. Because of that, we'll definitely return.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Westshore
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Just a perfect place to celebrate an occasion!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Dining at Eddie V's Prime Seafood was a totally delightful experience. My son and I had the Sea Bass and my husband and daughter-in-law had the Redfish. We all thought our fish was absolutely delicious. They have a "crab fried rice" that was soooo yummy. All the appetizers and other sides were terrific too. There was a classy atmosphere and the staff was great (especially in accommodating my Lactose Intolerance).

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Roberta T
“Great Second Time Around”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Our friends have been at Eddie V's 4 times and this was our second. It is wonderful to see a restaurant that is running on all cylinders. The service is exceptional and last night each of us could not have been more pleased with our fish dishes. My ahi tuna was probably the best I have ever had and the portion was most generous. Two had lemon sole and were delighted and one had the shrimp and raved about it too..Next to us, two young men each had the tomahawk steaks and it is such an impressive presentation. ---enough for a table!!!
As we eat out frequently, we all said this is the one of the VERY best Tampa Bay has to offer.
Love the ambiance!!

• Visited May 2014
Tampa, Florida
“The best food in Tampa”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Truly the best meal I have had in Tampa. I was hesitant to try Eddie V's simply based on the fact it is a high end chain restaurant. However, Eddie V's rivals some of the top restaurants in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco. Everything we ordered was prepared perfectly. The poached Chilean Sea Bass was absolutely amazing. Service was on point and flawless.

• Visited April 2014