“Upscale Seafood & Taco surprise”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went here for a special occasion. It was a great experience. #1 forget everything else and have the Lobster Taco appetizer. It has been a long time since I have been thrilled and surprised by a dish. After that everything else will be great, but I guarantee you will be talking about that taco for a while. Live music plays over near the bar area, the volume seems somehow perfect as not to drowned out your conversation. Well appointed inside. Go for a well heeled special occasion, or customer dinner. It will impress.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you've never had a dining experience that made you feel very special, then you must visit Eddie V's in Tampa. The warm welcome starts with the valet parking and continues until you're seated and your server introduces him/herself to you. This was our second visit, and we requested Michael to be our waiter, as he outdid himself on our first visit. There were only two of us on this visit, and we shared everything... the ahi tuna appetizer, Caesar salad, surf and turf entree, and the butterscotch panna cotta. This is an outstanding dining experience!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is very good, so is the service. However, the prices are very high. The live music is fantastic.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The experience was amazing. My wife and I tried everything and loved it all. We started with Oysters and a crab cake. Both were to die for. The crab cake was almost all crab. For dinner we shared scallops and salmon. The scallops surprised me. The grapefruit on top really pared well with the dish. The salmon was good but not amazing. Next time we are going to have the sea bass. For desert we tried the blackberry cobbler and butterscotch panna cotta. Decadent!

The service was first rate. Kristine did an great job and was easy to speak with.

I would have given the top rating if the prices were not so high. For the value there are many other options in Tampa that are just as good or better and not nearly as expensive.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early to have a drink or two at the bar. The decor is cool yet comfortable. The bartenders were nice and the cocktail drinks had lots of old style options. Drinks were about $10 so happy hour would be expensive. When we sat for dinner our server, Nate, was humorous and was generally great. We started with the calamari. DON'T BOTHER. Out was over breaded and fried sitting on a bunch of nonsense. The rest of the meal was good, if not a tad on the salty side. We split the mushroom salad. It was good but i don't think I'd get it again just because of the amount of Arugula. My husband had the ribeye which was tender and delicious. I had the scallops which were also cooked perfectly. The butter sauce was a bit heavier than I prefer. We shared two small sides of the broccolini and bacon brussel sprouts. I recommend these. To stuff ourselves completely we finished with the blackberry cobbler. It's hard to mess up cobbler and they didn't. If you prefer berry desserts get this. Overall, this is a chic place and a good place to go for fine dining that has multiple seafood options.