“Excellent food and service”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food, great location. We went for my girlfriend's birthday and they provided free champagne and a free dessert. We shared the oysters, ahi tuna and then both had the swordfish with jumbo lump crab.

The server was excellent - knowledgable and not too pushy.

The music in the jazz lounge was also perfect for the evening.

Definitely worth the visit if a little expensive

Tip: make sure to make a reservation for the jazz lounge as well as for the dinner.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice décor, gorgeous millwork. I was shocked to see soft shell crab on the menu as an entrée. Bread was good, needs to be served with Olive Oil. Tomato and Mozzarella salad was very nice. Bananas Foster was too sweet. Overall service was good. Just an average upper scale restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I ate here during a work function. I wish I came here sooner. The food was surprisingly really really good. I actually had heard it was a great place, but now I am truly a believer. The filet mignon was one of the best I have had in Tampa. The truffle mac and cheese was the biggest hit though. I would go back just for that. For dessert we had the bananas foster and a chocolate lava cake, both of which were exceptional. Service was fantastic. All in all, one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time in Tampa. Highly recommended! My only complaint is that the room we were in for the business presentation was not well shielded from noise coming from the rest of the restaurant. It made it difficult to hear the speaker. Other similar restaurants like Flemings or Capital Grille have much better rooms for this.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A colleague of mine suggested that we try Eddie V's after a rather dull work event we had attended in Tampa. Since we were in the neighborhood, I was all for it!

This meal was very exceptional and the service was like that of a five star restaurant in New York City. Our appetizer was the Maine Lobster tacos and they were absolutely delicious, a very creative use of flavor and ingredients!

My colleague had the Georges Bank Scallops and I ordered the Pacific Swordfish, we truthfully could have split a dinner because there is so much food! The preparation of both entrees was absolutely five-star quality and the meals arrived to our table at perfect temperature.

I would absolutely dine at Eddie V's again when I am in Tampa!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I took a much needed date night and decided to try out the latest high end restaurant to hit the International Plaza area in Tampa.

All of the various courses were divine and wonderfully displayed. The custom blend bar drinks were superb as well.

The feel is very trendy and upper end. Not overly dressy but you want to dine here with the better end of your closet on.

Our server ( we think David was his name ) was a blast and made the experience even better.

There is a bit of a snobby feel from the other patrons and the hostess staff but that is kind of expected in a place like this.

We each had an adult beverage, appetizer, main dish, split a side item, and split a dessert. The bill before tip was $135 so definitely keep this one for a special occasion as it was bit more than expected.

We will go again for sure, make sure you have reservations, we usually always do but since this was a last minute decision while coming back from a friends wedding I had to kiss some butt to get a table.