“A pleasant and productive tour around the center of Tampa”

InFocus Tampa Photo Tours
Ranked #22 of 82 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: It can be very difficult to capture your Tampa photos if you're stuck in a tour bus or zipping by on a segway. This tour experience covers the history of beautiful Tampa while teaching simple photographic techniques along the way to help make average pictures turn into amazing pictures.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I bought the tour for 2 from Groupon three months back and finally got time to do it a day after the Thanksgiving Black Friday craziness. My wife and I met up with the tour guide Robert outside the beautiful Tampa Theater around 5 PM (Robert was waiting for us) and the 2 hour tour took off from there. Robert is a nice, energetic and well educated young man with rich experience in photo taking. Going into the tour, I imagined it would be like a general city tour with a guide who would just point to this scene and that scene and let us take photos however we would like. But Robert was really teaching us where to aim our cameras and how to compose a frame that would look unique and professional. For example, on the glassy artwork outside the Glazier's Children's Museum, several times we visited the museum in the past, we had never really got close to examine the details and focus our camera on those beautiful reflection and unusually designed pattern of glass and beads. Thanks to Robert and InFocus tour, we re-discovered many hidden beauties in these artwork and in the downtown Tampa at large. It was a pleasant walk down the river bank, over the bridge to the University of Tampa campus, and we took plenty of both daylight and night shots on the way. Yes, I would recommend to anyone who would want to explore downtown Tampa and also enjoy taking photos. Now I am off to upload some shots I took during this trip.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I purchased my daughter a DSLR camera last year, but had not taken the time to mess around with the settings, so everything was always on AUTO. Well let me tell you, this was a GREAT way to spend time with her, learn about the camera settings, and get to know downtown Tampa from someone that has been doing this for some time and really enjoys it.

Bobby was our lead today, and he is outstanding. He is knowledgeable about the city, passionate about photography, and has a very down to Earth style that just makes you feel comfortable about being there for over 2 hours.

My daughter really enjoyed it as well, and the cost is definitely worth it!

We would do this again, and would recommend it to anyone who wants a quick downtown tour.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This leisurely walking tour runs from 2 to 2½ hours spanning late daytime to early evening. It combines visiting scenic downtown Tampa places with photography instruction. My wife and I had a great time. The guide was knowledgeable in photographic techniques, operating complex cameras, and interesting facts about the spots visited. The pace was unhurried and pleasant. We both learned alot and enjoyed the scenery. I highly recommend this tour for visitor and native alike.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been interested in photography for years but have never really taken it much further than playing around with my little point and shoot.
Taking this tour a few weeks ago got me so excited that I'm now looking into getting a DSLR.
It was a lot of fun and Bobby and Rob were both extremely nice and very knowledgeable. I learned a lot and they even helped me use features on my camera I didn't even know existed.
I've been to downtown Tampa many times (I live in the area) but it was so nice to be able to see things from another perspective and have a professional point out things I would have definitely missed otherwise
They're keeping the tours pretty small which is great so you're not walking around in a huge group and have to wait a long time at each stop for everyone to take their pictures. There were 5 people in our group but we also had the pleasure to have both, Bobby and Rob as guides. The pace of the tour is great too, slow enough were you don't feel rushed but steady enough were you don't stand around and get bored.
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who has even the slightest interest in photography or just likes to take pictures. It doesn't matter if the only camera you've ever owned is the one in your cell phone or if you own a DSLR and think you're already a pro, this tour is a lot of fun and might even be a huge inspiration like it was for me.
I got so excited when I saw that they also have a St. Pete tour, I will definitely book that one in the near future.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My fiancee and I went on a tour on a Saturday afternoon with Bobby. He's a really nice guy, and very engaging. I know next to nothing about photography, and he's very good about showing you the correct way to angle your camera, get into proper position, point out frames of reference, etc. This tour is also just a good way to see downtown on foot. We'd met at the Tampa Theater, made our way over to the Curtis Hixon Park area, over to the University of Tampa and through one of its buildings, and then back to the Tampa Theater area. Bobby is really good at giving you some of the background of the area, and explaining some of the history of the areas you visit.

You're not going to walk away from the tour with some immediate ability to make a living in photography, but you'll learn news ways to take photos (especially if you're a complete novice like myself), and it's just a great way to see some of downtown Tampa.