“Sticky Buns!!”

Ranked #101 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place had great food and a great waiter.The sticky buns were amazing and my favorite thing there. We got in for a late lunch and he was nice and gave suggestions and made mocktails for us.

There are newer reviews for Anise

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was a random trip downtown for drinks and food and boy am I glad we made the stop here. Not expensive yet nice. I tried the Beer Battered Shrimp, Braised Pork Belly, and Red Curried Crispy Chicken stinky bunz! I had never had anything like this before. It was so tender and tasty. I also tried a desert that was a deep friend sweet bun with strawberries and banana drizzled in nutella. Amazing. If you are in the area of DT Tampa near the river walk, STOP here. You wont regret it. Great bar selection too!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great place to stop for a nosh before a performance at the Straz. Coconut chicken wings are HUGE, one to person is plenty. Didn't much care for truffles tater tots, but all varieties of stinky buns were delicious.Nice place, quick service, one aware of our time frame they made sure everything was expedited. Excellent service, good food, very convenient to park at the Straz and walk to/from.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Randomly walked into this restaurant and ate at the bar. They have a full bar and great cocktails. I had the Rhum Tikki with BBQ Chinese pork and fried chicken sticky buns and crunchy tater tots. The food was very good.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Other have mentioned the issues with timely service so let's just say I took the point off for it and not pile on. Just to point out that the same holds true for drinks (nothing to do with the "small kitchen" on that one) so maybe having more than one waiter for the outside tables on a Saturday night might alleviate some of this.

Food is good, nothing out of this world though. In fairness I could take another half point off but bringing the place down to 3 stars might be too harsh. Their two specialties (sticky buns and truffle tater tots) are good -- the tater tots are just tater tots though -- so nothing that would make me run to this place next time I'm in Tampa. Maybe return if I'm in the area and not starving because of the wait and all.

Keep in mind the wait, get one or two appetizers to share and a main dish and you should be fine.

Been to Anise? Share your experiences!