“Some of the most expensive but divinely delicious delectables in Tampa.”
Review of Dough

Dough
Ranked #3 of 53 Bakeries in Tampa
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Tampa, Florida
“Some of the most expensive but divinely delicious delectables in Tampa.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

You will be pleased in what you eventually decide to order from this funky and fun place but bring your wallet. The service is excellent and supported by young, smiling faces. The assortment of goodies is plentiful and there is plenty of refreshment choices to accompany your dessert - whether it's milk, coffee, tea, juice or water. There were four of us during this trip on Saturday and we took our goodies to a table and enjoyed some quality conversation during our indulgence. It's a good place to sample quality desserts and some that you will likely not finish and have to get a "to go" box for home.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday morning and had no problem getting waited on...great selection of unique donuts! People were friendly and deco was French bakery style..very clean. A must try for a sinful dessert :)

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“A nice complement to Datz”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We visited Dough for the first time on a Saturday afternoon. We originally wanted to have brunch at Datz, but there was a 45 minute wait and it was totally packed (even at 1:30). Datz is definitely worth the wait. We just didn't have time to spare that day. That's when we decided to walk next door to look at the lunch menu at Dough.

I was totally surprised that it wasn't as packed as Datz. In fact, there was only one other couple in the bistro. The menu is very simple in that they offer small plates, sandwiches, and salads. They also have a huge variety of sweets and coffee selections. It's a very comforting atmosphere. A place where you can hang out for hours sipping coffee and reading. We sat down at one of their comfortable tables and placed our order. The staff was very friendly (even at times when there were people coming in with to-go orders).

We had the chopped chicken salad and shared a small plate of black truffle tater tots. The chicken salad normally comes with a ranch dressing but they didn't have any made that day. We ended up getting the Spanish vinaigrette which was a very good choice. It was a good sized portion of salad. We should have split the salad because it was more than enough for one person. The truffle tater tots were the best tater tots I've ever had. I didn't think you could make tater tots taste that good. They were super crispy on the outside, and the taste was the same great flavor as the truffle fries next door. Sadly, we didn't have any room for dessert.

The only negative is that there is not enough parking. They have 3 parking lots, but it's not enough for Dough. Datz is way too popular. Dough was originally meant to be a grab and go concept, but it can't be that way if people have to park in the surrounding neighborhood and walk a distance to get to it. It's great for the people who live in Palma Ceia, but not so great for others who don't live nearby and just want to grab something to-go. I wish they could find a solution for this, but there's just not enough space for them to grow in that area. Just give yourself more time, or go at a time when you know Datz isn't as busy. It's worth a visit on a leisure day when you have no other appointments or plans.

• Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“BEST Breakfast Sandwich EVER Enjoyed!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

What a find! Why did we wait so long to check this place out? This place is CRAZY GOOD, and the staff is so friendly and great at what they do. We loved the quirky interior design and the comfortable booth seating.

Let's start with walking in the front door and visually being HIT with such a large array of AMAZING dessert items and donuts of all kinds. I am not talking your "normal" donuts. I am talking s'mores and bacon garnished and cronuts (donuts made with croissants). Cupcakes of all wonderful varieties (and I was told they change regularly)! Magic bars, lemon bars, macarons of so many fresh-made types you MUST go to see for yourself.

But we were NOT there for dessert. My husband, daughter, and I had traveled to Dough for lunch, and we were so glad we did. The menu is brief but deep enough to satisfy most palates with sandwiches and salads. My Italian Grilled Cheese tasted as if it were made in Tuscany and flown in, my husband enthusiastically declared, "This is the BEST breakfast sandwich I have ever enjoyed" when describing his "Breakfast All Day" selection, and our daughter loved her Chicken Garden Sandwich.

Oh.....did I mention the Gelato flavors that also change on a regular basis because they also are made on site?!?!

• Visited May 2014
“Attentive staff”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my fourth trip to Dough and my first successful visit. The previous three times they were closed (chef away, etc)... So after a long anticipated visit, I met a friend for lunch. The food was innovative, as you would expect from Datz, and the service was very good - but somehow just feel that something was lacking... Maybe it was the anticipation after so many false starts?

Visited May 2014