“Creative innovative cuisine”

Cuisines: American, Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent hostess, helpful servers and innovative cuisine but still very tasty and yummy food. If I had to fault one thing it would be the choice of crockery as I didn't feel that the brown ans mustard colored plates helped the presentation on the food and white would have worked much better.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've dined here twice and other than the beer selection, there's not much that is going to bring me back again and again.

Both times I've had reservations but have overheard strange things. One time the hostess was telling another party that the wait was over three hours, but as we were being led to our table, there were empty seats everywhere. Second time, we asked if we could be seated in the bar and the hostess, while polite, said that she would "see what she could do." Well we were one of two other parties sitting in the bar... So I'm not sure exactly what is up with that but I guess the bottom line is to make a res if its important to get a seat in the location and at the time you want.

On to the food - no decent vegetarian or pescetarian entrees have been found on the menu. But guess what, they were offering cow tongue with Limburger cheese on top! WTH? To each his own but YACK. There are enough small plates / appetizers for a veg to make a meal out of but seeing an entree or two that caters to non-meat eaters would be appreciated.

I've had the panzanella (delicious), black bean burgers (flavor ok but texture is an issue), the kale salad and the farmer's salad (both good), the fish tacos (not my fave) and the cheese board (good selection & accompaniments).

As stated the beer selection is great with many from Cigar City being offered plus options from other local breweries.

Cool bar decor and the decor in general in the restaurant is hip / eclectic.

Service is good, no complaints there.

Attire is casual.

There is a big brewing setup in the front of the restaurant which would give the kids something to look at if they get bored....or if you're on an awkward date, grasping for things to talk about...

I wish I could give this place five stars but not yet. Not until there are more realistic menu choices.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you're looking for a sports bar with large TV's, burgers, chicken wings, and beer, try Beef O' Brady's, not this restaurant. I was both surprised and delighted with the cuisine this new local Tampa eatery offers up. In keeping with the Tampa theme this brewery / eatery has a most definite Cuban flavor in menu options and even the stoneware table settings. For starters we tried the barrel smoked black bean soup with saffron rice croquettes and a hearty créme fraiche. The croquettes added an interesting and welcome texture to the soup which was really quite flavorful. Next, we shared an enormous Farmer's Salad with braised beets, toasted almonds, and a goat cheese mousse on a bed of fresh arugula drizzled with a tangy guava vinaigrette. Again it was a home run! Our entrée was their Tanglewood Farms arroz con pollo with a dark fricase and saffron rice that was positively delicious. I haven't tasted such a flavorful and perfectly grilled chicken breast in a very long time. To wash it all down, I ordered one of the CCB's Florida Cracker Wheat beers which had a surprisingly zesty orange peel flavor and just a hint of coriander spice. With such a pleasing and palatable experience, we decided on a simple but scrumptious warm blueberry bread pudding for dessert that was served in a jar and was enough for two people to share. Conclusion: Not many restaurant receive my coveted five start rating, but this new restaurant deserves it. This is one eatery you absolutely must experience!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food and beer were great. We tried four different beers, two of them Cigar City's, and they were all good. The Cuban eggroll is awesome! I had the burger and it was different, but now one of my favorite burgers. My husband had the pork shoulder and could not stop talking about how great it was. The dessert we had was also delicious! The bread pudding flavor of the day was banana and it came warm in a jar!!

Our waiter was attentive, knowledgable, and seemed genuinely happy to be there. He even helped us buy merchandise (a shirt and a beer glass). Food came out fast and hot!

We will definitely be back the next time we visit Tampa!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What an excellent experience. Our waiter was well informed on both the food and the beer. Made great recommendations on both. Started with the Cuban Eggroll which was like a Cuban sandwich in an Eggroll. Excellent! Our entrees were the Fish Tacos and the Hamburger. Both had excellent unique flavors. As for the beer, which is a must have if you come here, the Jai Alai was what we started with. We also had a Patio Tools Dry Irish Stout that was like a dessert beer, coffee and cocoa notes! Great experience all around!!