“Excellent Date Night Spot”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife being a wine fan and me a fan of sharing plates found Coopers Hawk to be a nice find at reasonable prices. They not only allow but encourage guests to sample the wines before ordering a glass and the samples are ample to boot. We tend to enjoy meat and cheese plates when we find them on any menu and Coopers Hawk didn't disappoint. They served several lovely cheeses and meats that we hadn't tried anywhere else. My wife enjoyed the red wines she had here as well. Since I am not a wine drinker I am unable to give you any details on the wines other than my wife has been here since and we will be back soon.

Well worth a trip.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Cooper's Hawk in Chicago and Indiana and was excited to hear one opened close to me in FL. The food is as good as I remembered. I tried the trio of filets with different crusts and it was excellent and cooked perfect. Everyone at the table enjoyed their dinner. And you can't go wrong with the flights of wine! If you can save room for dessert, do it! Or buy a bottle of wine and take some dessert home with you! Only reason why I didn't give 5 stars is because we called for reservations (which I highly recommend!) and the host told us they were full and had no reservations. I decided to try open table and was able to get a reservation with no problem! Not sure why I was told there was no reservations available but regardless, great food and the wine is awesome. Highly recommend the Lux Flight.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Good selection of food, nothing too fancy, sensible prices. Wines are good, not great, but are good value. Atmosphere is busy and lively. Will go back

Reviewed March 12, 2014

On a recent family visit we had a delicious evening out at Cooper's Hawk. Loved the wine selections; had a delicious meal; enjoyed browsing the store; even made some purchases. Server was very helpful & attentive. Loved that we could have a few samples before choosing our wine. Mexican Drunken Shrimp was a big hit at our table, as were the Pork Medallions. Red Wine Braised Short Ribs were spot-on! Definitely considering a return visit next time we're in town.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had a business lunch at Cooper's Hawk. Prior to eating there I had never heard of the place. This was near my client's office so it was a convenient choice and a very good one besides. Although it is part of a chain, it has the feel of a local restaurant.

We did not have any wine as we were there for lunch. I am assuming this would be a great choice for a wine lover.

We were on the early side for lunch (11:45) and the restaurant was only about 25% full. Within 20 minutes, the place was full. There's outdoor seating here as well.

They started us with bread as per usual. The bread was anything but ordinary. I believe it was called pretzel bread which I had never tasted before. Really good.

For our main courses, my guest ordered chicken and said it was quite good while I ordered the chopped salad with blackened tilapia which was excellent. We did not order dessert as the portions were a good size. Prices were reasonable ($10 to 15). Service was very good.

All in all, a solid choice in Tampa.