“Fantastic!”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,417 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Date night. Sunday, January 5, 2014. No reservations, but seated after a short wait. Hostess desk seemed a bit confused and not very friendly. Our server was a lovely young blonde lady. She was delightful. She was perfect! She took our drink order and brought them along with a loaf of delicious hot Pretzel Bread & butter. Yummy. Hubby ordered a bowl of Tortilla Soup and he loved it. As entrees he had The Mediterranean Salad, which was fresh and huge. I had Anne's Chicken Saltimbocca, without the artichoke hearts. I had side of Betty's Potatoes & asparagus. Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Our server brought us another loaf of hot bread while dining. She took care of our drinks as well. We ended our meal by sharing Cheesecake with Strawberries. It was delicious.

We had a great dining experience and appreciate great service especially when we do not partake of alcohol. Many times we have noticed that we are not treated with as much attention as drinkers by some servers, maybe expecting larger tip. We tip very well for good service and appreciate being treated with respect when not drinking. Our server could not have been any better.

We will be back.

2 Thank Palmsinparadise

Clearwater, Florida
“Fantastic meal and great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We dined here January 15th and had a wonderful meal. May I suggest the New York Strip which was absolutely delicious. Others in my party enjoyed the grouper and short ribs.

Tampa, Florida, USA
“Great Spot for Dinner or Wine Tasting”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a cool place. Food was awesome and the way they serve wine is really cool They let you sample the wine in a small glass first then let you choose which you like. Since they make their own wine they have some cool offerings. Menu was very moderately priced. Will definitely be back.

Visited January 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our first time at Cooper's Hawk. Had a reservation and was seated about 5 min early on a busy Saturday night. Wine tasting area was very busy so we did not try the tastings. Server was knowledgeable about food and wine and made great suggestions. Sampled various wines at the table before ordering. Joined the wine club due to the opportunities and other amenities provide. Ordered after dinner coffee that was never served. Had to ask server to remove the charges. Thought $3.00 for coffee was a little expensive. Meals averaged $25.00 per person, very reasonable for this type of dining and considering the location and competition.

• Visited January 2014
“Horrible service, mediocre food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been to Cooper's Hawk multiple times and the first few were average. The last time I went the service and food were so bad that I will never return. The waitress seemed to have gotten cut in the middle of the meal and was literally vacuuming right next to our table and disappeared for long periods of time. Then I looked up and there was a roach on the wall! I pointed it out to the waitress and her response was "that isn't even the first one I've killed today". OMG!!! I called the next day to talk to a manager. He said he would "look in to it" and call me back. I never heard from him. Needless to say I will not be back. There are too many good restaurants in the area to patron this sort of establishment.

• Visited November 2013