“Good Food, Good Service”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with friends and everyone enjoyed their meals. Great menu and the free wine tastings were a great way to pick a wine for dinner. Manager Kara came by our table several times as the restaurant was extremely busy. She made our experience even more enjoyable. Our group loved the seafood bisque, the eggplant ravioli, the sea scallops, and the desserts. Great atmosphere. We will definitely go there again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have had the pleasure of several trips to Cooper's Hawk and have thoroughly enjoyed myself! The menu is very large and even has a "healthy options" section- delicious choices and ones that do not leave me feeling as if I'm eating a less calorie meal.
The presentation of their menu options is beautiful! They do a great job on the quality and taste of their food too.
The waiters are very knowledgeable in the menu and if interested in the wine that would accompany each menu item.
I have primarily come with larger groups. The one recommendation I would make is for the service to be a bit quicker. I find it takes awhile for the food to arrive and when on a business lunch this can be a bit unsettling.
I would still highly recommend Cooper's Hawk! The atmosphere is understated and classy, the food is excellent and the menu is vast!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went here for a a birthday celebration for a friend, the restaurant was highly recommended. This was my first time. When I first walked in, I had no idea what was going on, people were at tables drinking wine. It looked like a waiting area, sort of. You had to walk further in to get to what I figured was a registration desk. I think this desk should be closer to the entrance. If you don't know what the restaurant is about, you're a little lost walking in. Once in, I had someone take me to my party's table. The restaurant is really about wine and this was my favorite thing about the restaurant. You can sample up to 3 wines before choosing and they're reasonably priced. I ordered the Farm Grill, $28 for 3 small pieces of meat, not worth it and not great, but other than that, salad was good and everyone else loved their food.

1  Thank tiagayepfa
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Won the google lotto with this one. We were looking for places to eat near the office here in Tampa and this was one of the first options listed. We have dined there a few times since and each time the service, food and experience have been amazing. The winery side of it is nice, not unlike others if you have ever been to one. They have a good gift shop area and a wine club you can join but are never pushy about it which is nice. They have always had small sample glasses of their wines available and will provide you with one or two samples if you would like with your meal. The menu has a wide variety of things on it that should satisfy most any craving and each item has a wine pairing listed, with most of the entree items in the $20-35 range. There are a number of highly recommended selections in other reviews and in FourSquare check-ins. I've tried a number of them and can honestly say I have not found a miss yet, each one has been great. Between our team that has been a few times, we've not found any of the entrees yet that folks would not order a second time (or third). Its perfectly suited for date night, business dinners or just a casual night out with friends. You'll want to arrive prior to 7pm if you want to get seated quickly. Its also not a necessarily quick meal. They are timely with getting the food to you but the experience generally is a more relaxed, sit, talk, drink and take your time approach.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Cooper'sHawk in Tampa on Boy Scout Rd is relatively new having opened here in March. We were members of the wine club when we lived in Illinois and were delighted when they opened a venue down here. We have only been to this location for lunch and both times the food was excellent. I would recommend the Thai ChickenFlatbread and the eggplant ravioli. The salads are also excellent. They also have wine tastings as well as a great gift shop. And, of course the wines are great with a large variety.