“Don't miss out on first time experiences!”
Review of Istanblu Ybor - CLOSED

Istanblu Ybor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Best tibuli, great Baklava and Eva was most excellent cheery and informative. Great server :-) thank you !! First time at a Turkish restaurant! Good experience ! Thank you!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have enjoyed wonderful food in Istanbul and were delighted to find this restaurant where the very gracious owners are from Istanbul and the food is homemade by Chef Hakan who has recently taken over the kitchen. The grape leaves were a standout, along with several delectable lamb dishes which were authentic. We finished with a traditional Turkish baklava that was layered with pistachio.

One of the owners played the bouzouki through out dinner which lent a Turkish atmosphere reminding us of being in Turkey. We can't wait to return.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This place has authentic Turkish food, with home made bread. Hakan the owner goes out of his way to welcome all guests individually. Saturday nights there is belly dancing. My most favorite dishes are grilled eggplant and sheppard's salad for appetizer and Iskender Kebap for main dish. Everything else is excellent too. I am not from Turkey but have visited the country several times and this place brings back excellent memories.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a place that relies on conferences like the one I was at in Tampa for business, as return clientele does not appear to be a priority. First, I love Turkish food and eat it everywhere I go. I ordered babaganoush to start and chicken shish kebab as my main. My colleagues and I never got our appetizers; they went to another table of tourists by accident, so no comment on them. The chicken was served with little if any spice, no yogurt sauce or other dip to make it tasty. The rice was fine if plain, but with only a few leaves of lettuce, it was a rather anemic meal. The server was sweet but kept forgetting our drinks, our appetizers, our bill. The manager did attempt damage control with a free dessert: a Turkish pastry dunked in chocolate sauce. Not memorable.

1  Thank Capelin
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Istanblu Restaurant WAS TERRIBLE!! It took 22 minutes to place our order, and waited over an hour to receive the food. The Doner my daughter ordered was burnt and the stuffed cabbage was so spicy, I could not eat it. We will never go back again.

I must say that the atmosphere was wonderful, and that staff was friendly. Incompetent, but very friendly.