“Istanblu is Istanfabulous”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We found this place walking down 7th Avenue in Ybor City. I have to say we were originally headed to another popular greek restaurant (starts with an "A") down the street, but the "A place" had a long wait. So, we decided to give Istanblu a try instead. I'm glad we did!
It's a really large space, decorated pretty cool, with plenty of room. The food was great. Possibly even better than the food at the original restaurant we were headed for. This restaurant is just a little beyond the touristy part of 7th Avenue, so it's not as busy. The owner came out for a chat. A really nice guy. Very knowledgeable about Turkish/Mediteranean food and the culture. Will we go back? You bet!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant a couple of months ago. When a group of friends were looking for a great place to go, I suggested Istanblu. We weren't disapointed! The service is a little slow because each dish is prepared from scratch but it is great to visit with friends and have a relaxing chat. The food is absolutely worth the wait, it's delicious. I'll go back again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We wanted to try out this restaurant because we went to Turkey a couple of years ago and loved the food, and we are going back next month. However this place took 35 minutes to bring out our lunch menu.

Then the waitress spilled my water used my napkin to clean it up and never bothered to give me another napkin.

The lamb kebab tasted like some lamb and some beef...some tough and some tender.

The stuffed cabbage was a very generous portion but had a strange taste.

We were not asked if we wanted coffee or more water.

I asked the waitress what the blue figure was in the corner of the restaurant and she shrugged her shoulders and said I do not know , just a decoration I guess.
Maybe the manager should explain the art work so the staff can tell the customers.

I would not go back.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

WE had dinner at Istanblu last night. It is right on 7th Avenue in Ybor City, a block away from Columbian. We had appetizer, two wonderful meals and finished with two great deserts. The food is Middle eastern and some of the best that we have had. We like that the meals are freshly made and not prepackages and microwaved.

We will be back again.

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant is relatively new but whoever goes there wants to go back for more! The food is fantastic and very ORIGINAL. I loved the kebaps and the warm bread fresh out of the oven it was crazy good!!! Would definitely recommend this place I'm getting hungry just writing about it :))

1  Thank lovechicago53