“A Thrilling Delicious Experience”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #593 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our first time and we enjoyed every minute. The food was well prepared, even when I asked to have my veggies cooked longer. The atmosphere was inviting and the price (after 9 PM) was better than we expected.

There are newer reviews for Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome dinner tonight! The food was fresh and delicious! All of the servers and cooks were very nice and helpful! Excellent meal from start to finish! Big meal for a great price!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been visiting this restaurant for year, even in the early days when it was Wasabe. My wife is Japanese and I have lived and worked Japan and appreciated the authentic food (Mainly sushi) and presentation. Also, they had a good selection of Saki that was served cold, in the traditional Japanese way. After being purchased by the Kobe chain, the food, Saki and service has progressively become very ordinary, lacking in the authenticity we remembered. In our visit last night the Saki selection is dismal, the cold Saki was served room temperature, the Sushi is highly Americanized and the Managers excuse is that they are owned by a large company that tells them how to run the restaurant.

Unfortunately for both Kobe and I, we will now seek a replacement Japanese style restaurant that adheres more closely to the style we demand from a Japanese Sushi restaurant.

1  Thank robertdfrancis
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had a good experience here. The sushi my friends and I got was presented well and was full of great flavor. The service was good as well, but more the atmosphere was really fun. A good enough experience that I will have to come again to try more things.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I went on a Friday evening and was accommodated without a reservation. We both ordered different dishes and each was well prepared and tasty! The chef was funny and provided color commentary throughout the meal. Great experience!