See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Were in town for the Golden Knights/Lightning game and needed a cheap hotel for the night. It's exactly what you'd expect for 79 bucks. Rooms are very basic, with new furnishings and fresh paint. Sheets and towels were scratchy, bed was hard, hallways were a little grubby, and the room could've been a tad cleaner. Our room had some hairs on the bed, gum stuck to the wall, and remnants of a spilled drink stuck to the wall under the table. The bathroom fan sounded like a truck. It honestly reminded me of a private room at a hostel in Europe. Speaking of, lot of backpackers appeared to be staying here along with some long term residents.

On the upside it's nicely located. Quick Uber/Lyft ride to Amalie Arena and Ybor City (you can ride a trolley in between these two areas). Lots of restaurants around as well as a large mall, TopGolf, BassPro, and IKEA.

Overall place was decent, even though I'm sure it's been on an episode of Cops and someone's probably been stabbed in the parking lot.

Good for a night and that's about it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I never posted the pictures, the police have a post here, it's not for children and I was over charged. I'm sick of the generic apologies from these motels...don't be sorry, do better! Wasted money! The desk manager was nice,but they just say the same thing to everyone. The maids were smoking in the building and people were smoking in the rooms. It was honestly a disaster! I'm talking about from booking to the check out. We cut it short.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Lonika, The service experience you describe is not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

When I checked in everything was going good until I opened the door to my the bad odor just hit me in the face, it was mixture of cigarette, cigar and don't know what else luckily Maintenance guy was two room away he called the front desk and had them change my room. Second was much better so I thought once I went to sleep, in middle of the night I felt some crawling on face turn the lights on and it was a medium sized roach I got up to use the bathroom then went to back to sleep and then again about 4 a.m. yet another roach encounter this about 4 little ones, at that point I could no sleep, so I showered, packed and went to check out and told the front desk of encounter and he did offer anything he just wrote down and have nice day ...Really, never again will I stay here or recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Frank, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Where to begin...

We arrived about 9 pm on Friday evening April 20th after a full day and dinner with friends in Sun City Center.

We know the motel 6 product but still booked anyway because of the price the promise of a pool.

The check in clerk seemed overwhelmed because two guests arrived at the same time. He was unresponsive to requests. We had requested a first floor room when we booked through a 3rd party website but the mumbled reply from the clerk was not understandable. We were given a second floor room in the back building. When we exited our car we were greeted with loud music and a group of people cooking food on a small grill in the parking lot.

The area was poorly lit and occupied with many people smoking. Interestingly enough there were no cigarette butt collectors anywhere around. Hence the ground was littered with butts.

The hallway into our room smelled of something cooking (not the grills in the parking lot). As I trudged up the stairs I was questioning our choice.

The bright spot in arrival was the room. It was the new austere (think hotel) setting found in many Motel 6’s. On first glance it looks good upon closer inspection the upgrade include zero attention to detail. On the plus side the AC worked well and was not too loud for the traditional all unit.

There were zero amenities in the bathroom except for two bars of soap. Not even a packet of shampoo. There was no remote for the TV and no hair dryer. We travel a lot and even the most budget of hotels provide a hair dryer. The sheets and pillow cases were wrinkled so my wife questioned whether the beds had actually been changed. Ultimately we both slept well on the memory foam mattress.

The next day I got up early to go across the street to the McDonalds to grab breakfast. I was greeted with over flowing trash cans and a pile of dirty towels in the corner of the stairwell. To be fair later on the cleaning crew had emptied the trash, removed the towels and mopped he stairwells.

I stopped in the lobby to inquire about a tv remote and a hairdryer. The clerk was polite and responsive which was different than check in. I was given a remote and told they do not provide hairdryers. When I got back to the room the remote did not work. Sheesh. We encountered a house keeper who did get us a working remote.

The pool was clean but the furniture was broken and dirty. One of the umbrellas was zip tied closed! We found two usable chairs and actually enjoyed the pool and patio. The pool is not heated so it was brisk even I. April. It is clear no one polices the pool area for refuse. There was a vodka bottle stuck in the bushes and countless beer bottle caps along the fence line. The bathrooms by the pool are on a par with your average gas station. Keep your flip flops on.

We have learned that budget hotel experiences are closely tied to the clientele and the maintenance system the establishment has in place.

We paid $90 after all taxes and fees per name for a Friday/Saturday night stay. I would have been fine with this place at $60, not $90. There is a La Quinta and a Red Roof that I would try before coming back here.

Date of stay: April 2018
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Gillad, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our brand standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

For a one or two nights stay or even or 3 days day, Motel 6 is always been our best value as our go to motel. We stayed there for one night before flying out of Tampa to Chicago.
The rooms are very modern, very clean with enough room.
The hotel itself is located right off the 60 and the 75 and has several other motels around it plus several fast food eateries.
Everything you need for a quick night in and out with dinner in evening and coffee and breakfast in the morning.
The only drawback we had this time was a big stain on the bedspread. So I had the office exchange it for a ckean one as I wasn't sure what this stain might have been.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple