“Just like how I ran things at the Hotel I worked at.”

Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Ranked #118 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Everything was great. I was really suprised at how clean my room was when I came back later that day. We stayed for 2 days and it was wonderful. When we were late for breakfast they let us in anyway. I felt like we were really WELCOMED there. If I ever go back to Tampa and need a room I WILL be staying there. Thank you all for the wonderful welcome and stay.....

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tazzkrazz

Reviewed September 11, 2009

We came to the Tampa area for a concert at the Ford Amphitheater, and chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the venue and places to eat. Upon arrival, I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff on duty were. The hotel itself is older, and the interior of the rooms is rather dated and in need of a renovation. *But* everything worked perfectly, and the room we stayed in (nonsmoking!) was *spotless*. Our vehicle was quite safe in the parking lot overnight, and at no time during my stay here did I feel unsafe. We've got another event coming up, and will be staying at this hotel again. I cannot stress enough how nice these people were; friendly faces are so rare these days.. a smile and pleasant attitude go a long way in my book.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Hotel is close to all of my major attractions, Ybor City for dining, Hard Rock Casino, Dallas Bull and Ford Amphitheater. The hotel is a bit older, however the rooms are very clean. Definitly would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
mmathieu, owner at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2009

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your taking the time to let everyone know. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed May 9, 2009

NIGHTMARE Do NOT stay here:( You may think youll save $. You may pay for that thought forever. 7 cars robbed Days Inn Brandon Florida highway 60 May 9, 2009 early am hours.. Dont take your chances. Days Inn Brandon Florida said they were aware of constant car robberies to their patron's cars parked at the motel, yet security camera 1 located on back parking lot is pointed up to the sky & questionable as the if it is a real camera or not. They say they are having new cameras installed today? We were somewhat lucky comparing our losses (though in the hundreds) :( we know many lost so much more. VERY SAD:(

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hopefullyhelps

Dear Hopefully Helps,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the unfortunate incident that happended during your visit. This is unusual for this area but even one incident is too many. Please be assured that we have security on site and cameras in place to help ensure the safety and security of our guests which we take very seriously. Our first priority is always guest safety. Clean rooms and a friendly staff are important but foremost in everyone's mind is guest safety, and we will continue to be commited to keeping our guest secure.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 24, 2009

We had stayed at this motel years ago with no problems, so came back. We time we had no hot water three days in a row, in the morning when we wanted to take a shower. We complained to staff, they reset it only to fail during the day. Complaints did not get any response from staff or management, staff said nothing they could do. To top it all off, there is no security at this motel, nine vehicles including ours had windows broken and ransacked. One vehicle was stolen. Staff seemed indifferent to the guests problems and didn't seem to care. Sheriff's deputy indicated that this is an ongoing problem at this motel. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OscarPensacola

Dear OscarPensacola,
Thank you for posting your comments. We sincerely apologize for the lack of hot water during your stay, but more importantly the lack of response from the staff. We all know that problems may occur but for them not to be addressed at the property is highly unusual.
If you would be so kind as to contact the hotel so we may discuss your stay in more detail we would appreciate it.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 31, 2008

Stayed there for a Hockey Tournament and was disgusted by the condition of the rooms. I should have known when I checked in late at night through a hole in the glass. The best part of this hotel is that it is right off the interstate and across the street from a Hooters. There was free wireless and the pool was not too bad. The rooms were pretty bad. The box springs were visible with writing on them the carpets were nasty and the comforter was untouchable.
This place will be a great place if they go through the renovations that other Days Inns have done.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank setcarp
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I checked in and checked right back out!
the hallway to the room was dirty and smelly
the motel room stunk from tobacco smoke
and mildew
I couldn't tolerate the smells
so I went right back to the lobby and
and checked out.
and drove 40 miles back home
instead of staying the night there
so i could catch the amtrak the next day
out from tampa,
I slept in my own house and felt wonderful
and will drive to tampa to catch the train,

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple