“$200 value for $50!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“$200 value for $50!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

From the front desk staff to condition of the rooms, all fully met my expectations. I needed help with the in room safe, prior guest couldn't read, this was handled instantly. Free Wi-Fi, laundry room, nice breakfast room... all things from a more expensive establishment. Hard wood floors in the rooms.
Bottom line a great place to stay with bargain basement prices.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MikeCapeCoral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff on both shifts when I needed help. Rooms were large, (but older) and clean. Older 24" TV, with smaller selection of cable, but I'm only in the room to sleep. Give me news and weather and I'm happy! I'd booked a room with a microwave and a fridge, but as I was stuck in ORD, I called to cancel. Nice lady helped me and told me they had rooms so if I made it to TPA to call and they would try to help me. I did make it and called and she gve me the same "internet price'', but no micro or fridge. Located close to the interstate, (in Brandon, not Tampa off I-75) but off the freeway and the hiway as to be very quiet. A 24 hr McDs across the street for early coffee, and a Sonny's BBQ right next door, what else do you need! Free internet, which I didn't use. Enjoyed my stay there and will use again...

Room Tip: They have 2 buildings, with the 'back' building farther from all the road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gerasim M
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is actually in Brandon, I've stayed here multiple times. It's my normal place to stay when visiting Brandon. I like this place because it's a good, basic place to stay. Little frills (pool, haven't tried it), but that's fine if you just need a place to crash. It's fairly cheap, and seems to be a safe place. There's a so-so Sonny's next door, and a McD's across the street that makes a nice breakfast experience if you walk across the street at 6am.

Staff is courteous, rooms are reasonable. The place is starting to fall apart, so before you haul your luggage in, go around the room and make sure fridge works, microwave works, phone works, etc.

Despite that I will happily go back here, it fits well with my "just get what you need" mentality. Just hope they invest the maintenance bucks to keep it viable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Scott B
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This former 'Day's Inn' is now franchised by Motel 6. I have in fact stayed here 5 times before and it's always been cheap and in a convenient location next to I-75. I was surprised to find that with the franchise change to Motel 6 customers need to be aware that there are NO shampoos and conditioners or tissues in the bathroom, just soap. Plus, there are now NO radio alarm clocks, microwaves, telephones or coffee makers in the room. Also there is NO breakfast, just coffee supplied. But Wendy's is right next door. All part of the cost cutting process of Motel 6. I did in fact ask them upon arrival, if I had needed to bring my own towels and toilet paper much to their amusement at the front desk. I was surprised at the stories they told me of how often guests would steal pillows, towels, coffee makers, and other items, but then bitterly complain when they got a $50 surcharge on their credit card for missing room items.The room was clean, but the 2 pictures over the beds were thick dust, when I pointed this out to them they immediately sent a maintenance man and a delightful lady who cleans the rooms, her problem was that she was barely over 5 ft tall and admitted, oh, sorry but I can't reach up there and mustn't stand on the beds to do it. The maintenance man was saying yuk as he cleared the dust. Obviously the housekeeping department needs to organize something to help this housekeeping lady to do her job completely. The carpets are now old and getting frayed and stained in places plus the bed box frames under the mattresses are now getting very worn and tatty. The outside pool is kept very nice and there is a guest internet room with two computers supplied. All in all, if have just over $50 plus per night to spend, just to sleep, then this is just right for you, but again, you will only get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cllrburton
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed 3 days here and loved it. The staff are professional and worked very hard on keeping the place clean. Rooms are clean and the staff will give you anything you need.They even scrubbed steps outside. The pool was clean and very relaxing atmosphere. We enjoyed the small breakfast they offer in the morning, especially the waffles that are freshly made on your own. All in all, if you want a great stay and don't want to pay the big money the other hotels have you pay, this is it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is no longer a Days Inn it is a Motel 6 the room was gross carpets were filthy and they charge 58 dollars a night ridiculous amount for this place it has really gone down the hotel used to be much cleaner and the rate was affordable I liked it when it was a Days Inn

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Tampa hotels

North East, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Now that Motel 6 has taken over this Days Inn I would think twice about staying at it. I have stayed at this motel many times when it was Days Inn and enjoyed my stay. My last stay was under Motel6 and it wasn't what I expected. No coffee pot, clock, cups, ice bucket and no breakfast.
On Fri. and Sat. night's kids park in Wendy's parking lot and walk over to the pool that isn't locked and party. People being droped off at night walking the parking lot so empty your car and LOCk it.
The only good thing about this motel is the front desk girls and the lady that is in charge of house keeping, they will go out of their way to help you .
When I tried to contact the property management co. that has this Motel they will not return your phone calls, what would you expect???

Room Tip: Find another Motel !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo