“Simply Awful”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

First of all, the restaurant does not have an entrance off of Bruce Downs; you have to go back behind a shopping area and onto a service road. Very inconvenient. My first clue to what was awaiting me was the fact that the parking lot was nearly empty at 5:30 on a Friday night, while the Chili's next door was packed. Nobody was inside when we entered; we thought the place was closed. Once seated, we waited for 45 minutes for our food in a restaurant that was virtually deserted. Our waiter apologized for the delay, saying that the kitchen staff had burnt our food. When we finally got our food, my daughter's meal was still burned and the flatbread was black on some edges. Both my daughter's pasta and mine were swimming in grease. We were not charged for our drinks in compensation, but had we not been made extremely late for an event we had tickets for that evening, I would have asked to see the manager and demand that the entire meal be comped. My daughter's food was so inedible she just boxed it up and and we threw it away-- we got food elsewhere afterwards. Very disappointing as we had always had such nice meals at this chain in other locations.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Mac Grill does a great job keeping the menu fresh with featured new items. The food is always good however the service can be a bit spotty. I loved the new porkchop offering during our recent visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

First of all, there was apparently no Host or Hostess to seat customers and we stood at the front of the dining area for about 10 minutes before a waitress noticed us and offered us a table. When we arrived, there were six tables that had not been cleared - remarkable in that the same six tables were still not cleared when we had finished eating. If it is managements intention to allow just a single seating during the dinner period, the tables should be cleared of dirty dishes anyway just to improve the esthetics of the establishment. There were no individuals "bussing" the tables and no Host in evidence. Every customer who arrived had to wait several minutes until a passing waiter noticed them and found a clean table to seat them. We asked and were told that Host and Busser positions were "no shows."

Although the management was not in evidence, the food reinforced the need for supervision... The bread was covered with salt (?), the pepperoni flatbread pizza was inedible, the Roasted Mushroom Soup was very salty and the Warm Spinach and Shrimp Salad was cold spinach with dried, rubbery shrimp on top.

The ONLY bright spot was the waitress (Karoline P.), while not responsible for the management or the terrible food, tried diligently to make our visit bearable.

We can only hope that this location is just a "one off" from the usually great food and service we received at other Macaroni Grill locations. We'll probably try again, but not at this location.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

In my hometown there use to be a Macaroni Grill, which was very popular, but they closed due to a rent dispute. I was very happy to find one near our hotel on a recent golf vacation to Tampa. The food was very good--I had a sampling plate of chicken parmigiana, lasagna, and chicken and spinach cannelloni. Good and far too much food. My friend enjoyed his Italian sausage and potatoes dish. The bread was hot and tasty. It was good to be back.I also enjoyed playing with the crayons once again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Visited this place with team and enjoyed the food and drinks there. They serve some real good quality wine and great italian bread and main course food. Serving time is a little long but that is worth the wait. Pricing is high - but for a business meeting this is a good place.