“Nice”

Barrow's Gourmet Foods
Ranked #890 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A nice LITTLE cafe. The food tasted good. I had the Rueben sandwich which was very good. Had to wait till half of my sandwich was eaten before I got my spicy mustard. Prices are reasonable for the food served. Disappointed that soup was all gone even at 1:00. Owners are nice and helpful. Seating is Awful.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I tried Barrow's based on someone's suggestions that it was better than Wright's or Zudars. Don't believe it.

I asked one of the owners what he recommended as a specialty of the house in regards to a salad. Perhaps he was having a REALLLLLLLY bad day. In any event it would have been better to wish for patience when a new customer asks for a recommendation than to snap that there is no real specialty but that if he had to pick one salad it would be the chicken salad. I have traveled the world and dealt with any people from all over, including Italian wait staff that was supposed to be notoriously snappy but this guy went wayyyyy beyond that. He was not a credit to the establishment. Anyway, after the response regarding the salad, asking for a recommendation regarding a soup was brave but I did it any way.

The salad was okay but not very flavorful. The description of it sounded better than the actual salad. The bisque that I order was better than the salad. Crackers served on the side weren't eaten though I will say that with soup and salad many eating establishments would have served a side of bread - not that I am a big bread eater.

I would not recommend Barrow's to anyone. I would recommend that if they have to drive a little further to get to Wright's or Zudar's they should do so. Prices are similar and the service is SO much better.

1  Thank billfisher
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The owners are sandwich geniuses. I could eat here every day for lunch... since my co-workers like variety I opt for once a week instead.

The egg salad, cream of asparagus soup, and walnut brownies are out of this world. My personal favorite on the menu is the Monte Barrow sandwich. Turkey, genoa salami, ham, swiss cheese, dill pickles, spicy brown mustard, and mayo on two slices of lightly toasted pumpernickle. It may be one of the most magical things I have ever eaten.

They post the soups of the day on their website every day: http://barrowsgourmet.com All of the items on the menu are made with fresh, quality ingredients.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

I used to work nearby and Barrow's was a weekly stop ... great sandwiches and the owners, Oliver and Norbert, know how to treat a guest. Sandwiches are excellent, absolutely finest ingredients and each is made to your specifications. Now my job has changed and I work further away so the visits have slowed but that only makes them more special when I can stop by.

Barrow's is the best kept secret in South Tampa, can't recommend it strongly enough!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Love the sandwiches.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Barrow's Gourmet Foods? Share your experiences!