“Ok place”

Mc Divot's Wings & Raw Bar
Ranked #832 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Average stop with cold beer but so so food. Wings are ok just not a lot of meat. Seems to be more of processed food, not the bar food I expected.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I used to go often when the place first opened back in 1999/2000. Back in the day there was quite a bit of construction happening in the area, and this was a good place to have a working lunch with fellow contractors working in the area. It was always crowded, and had a great atmosphere.

However, I went recently, when my regular lunch restaurant around the corner has too long of a wait. When we walked in the place was empty with the exception of a few retirees fresh from the golf course. The only server we saw was the one working behind the bar. Instructed us to sit anywhere we wanted. Turns out she was the hostess, bartender, and dining room server. For all I know she may have cooked the food as well. Although the restaurant was virtually empty, the server appeared overwhelmed, and annoyed that we were even there. Maybe not used to non-regulars coming in.

It’s hard to believe this place can afford to stay in business.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This restaurant is located in our neighborhood, so we have been going on and off for over 12 years. I'd say this place has gone through ups and downs in terms of service and quality of food. We went again recently because of a gift certificate. The food was pretty average, but better than it was on out last few visits. The burger I had was cooked to order (sometimes that's a surprisingly difficult thing to get in some places these days!). The fries were hot and crispy. My husband's Buffalo chicken sandwich was a bit greasy, but had good flavor after sopping up the excess grease with a napkin.

You don't go to this kind of place for health food, so expect the typical burgers, wings and sandwiches. Although there are other items on the menu, they seem to do better with the "bar food" type of meals.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

People either love it or hate it. I've eaten here quite a few times as I used to live nearby and still spend a lot of time in the neighborhood. I've never had a real good meal here but it's never been so bad that I swore to boycott. It looks like it should be a good place and the name sounds like it's some kind of Irish 19th Hole but there's nothing about it that makes me want to return.

2  Thank Bob B
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food here is awesome and the service is great. When you go you need to sit at the bar and have Kelly be your waitress. She is very personable and sweet.
Its a great sports bar!!

Been to Mc Divot's Wings & Raw Bar? Share your experiences!