“So a vegan and a person with a gluten allergy walk into a restaurant...”

Gourmet Pizza Company
Ranked #418 of 2,458 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Serving Hyde Park since 1999, we offer an American staple, pizza, redefined. Our goal has been to provide an eclectic menu executed with a health conscious mind. Everything is made from scratch in house, from our dough to our sauces and marinades. Using fresh vegetables that are sliced daily and purchasing our meats from a local butcher to insure quality. freshness and no preservatives. It is our commitment to quality and consistency that allows us to stand out among the rest. It is these same principals that we not only place into every pizza that enters and exists our oven, but in every customers that enters and exits our doors. Our mission is to allow our customers to have a redefining Gourmet Pizza experience, and a healthy one as well.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stumbled upon this restaurant when they were delivering to the hotel I work in, when I looked over their menu I was floored to find gluten free and vegan options available- vegan is so hard to come by in Tampa. My mom (the vegan) and I (gluten free) were out and had a craving for Pizza so we decided to give it a try. We ordered the vegan, gluten free breadsticks, a small gluten free chicken spinach white pizza and a pesto vegan pizza. I LOVED IT- not quite sure about the other reviews saying cold soggy pizzas- we had none of that. The dough was a little thin and with all the toppings ended up becoming a fork and knife pizza. We encountered 4 different employees and they were all friendly, inquiring about our food or if we needed anything else. All in all, it was a great experience and a place I will continue to order from.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I order pizza from GPC all the time. It has always been delicious! The pizzas are interesting, and the ingredients are high quality. Our favorites are the Hawaiian, Chicken Smoked Gouda, and Steak Gorgonzola. I can't speak to the service, though, because we only do take out. Definitely give them a try!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Great old-school thick gourmet pie. Please, if you're looking for thin foldable NYC style, look elsewhere. This pizza is not for the Bud Light crowd!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I really like the wide arrange of ingredients they have here. From red cabbage, to gluten free dough, they make sure everyone is catered to here. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients here. The sauces are not limited to the traditional red sauce, you can also get a nice pesto base. Lot's of good vegetable, and leafy green choices makes having an occasional cheeseless pizza seem normal. One thing they didn't get right for me was the thin crust pizza, it was rather soggy, and nearly impossible to eat with your hands. Maybe it was just a one time thing, and I'll try another thin crust some other time.
If you want to try a different kind of pizza, other than the same boring cheese and pepperoni then head out to the Gourmet Pizza Co.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

I hate to write a bad review on an independent restaurant, but I gave the restaurant a second chance after one bad experience, and I was disappointed again. I, like another couple of reviewers below, wanted to try this pizzeria with its rave reviews as one of the top pizza restaurants in the country, and both times I wished I had decided to eat anywhere else. The service was rude the first time, but I wouldn't mind that so much if the pizza was good, but it was mediocre and generic at best.
My next order was today, which is almost two months later. I placed a delivery order for a spring salad and a small hawaiian and a thai "salz-sa", which is supposed to be a flatbread with a thai salad on top. We received the spring salad, which was fine, and the small hawaiian, which was soggy, the cheese was bland and cold, and we found a total of four teeny tiny little pieces of ham (their "smoked bacon") on the entire pizza. We also received a cheese bread (more soggy, semi-thin crust, but definitely not "flat bread" with bland, lukewarm cheese) served with marinara sauce and no thai salad. I called the restaurant immediately, hoping that they would replace the cheese bread with my thai salz-sa (assuming that someone else had ordered cheese bread and hadn't yet received my order by mistake), and the person who answered the phone was extremely confrontational, insisting that I didn't understand that the cheesy bread was, in fact, flat bread (with marinara sauce for a thai salad, really?). I let that go, but still inquired about my order. Finally, they agreed to send a thai salad over (the cheesy bread now disgustingly soggy and cold). My husband answered the door and inquired if I had ordered a sun chip salad. I looked in the box, and saw that the entire salad was covered completely with sun chips. The delivery person explained that this was the "crunchy wonton strips." No, no, they're sun chips. He seemed quite relieved when we agreed to accept the salad so that he could leave.
A salad covered in sun chips to go with cheesy bread and marinara sauce. Not really my idea of a gourmet thai flat bread pizza.
Words have meaning.