“Excellent food that makes me want to go back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Masala

Ranked #983 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
South Florida
“Excellent food that makes me want to go back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I were in Tampa for a conference, and looking for some place different to eat. We love Indian food, so having seen the restaurant's menu, we decided to find it. For a visitor to Tampa, this is off the beaten path, and there's nothing from the outside that would draw you in. However, once we walked through the door and smelled the wonderful aromas, we felt sure we were in for a treat. We were not disappointed. Service was fast and friendly. The food was hot and tasty, and at exactly the degree of spiciness we had requested--something that doesn't always happen in Indian restaurants. This isn't the place to go if you're looking for atmosphere, but the food is definitely worth a trip back. We've eaten in a lot of Indian restaurants, and in the homes of Indian friends, and this is right up there with the best.

• Visited January 2011

Largo, Florida
“Its not the good reviews that count but the bad ones, this is one of them.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Service was fine actually as opposed to what some people may think. My waitress did everything we asked of her. The atmosphere was ok but dull. The value of the meal is really not worth it, period. Why? Because my papadum, the complimentary indian cracker came with a piece of hair cooked into the cracker. Papadum is fried so if the hair simply fell atop of the cracker I would have been able to brush or blow it off. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since mistakes can happen. Then my husband ate the chicken vindaloo and at the end of the meal said: Is this plastic. In his hand is a thin hardened piece of plastic about 2" x 2" that he had pulled out of his mouth. That was it, so I called our waitress. "I've worked here _ years and this has never happened to me before." was what she said. I've zoned out since her first word was not an apology but an excuse. She took it to the back where two men looked over the foreign objects in our food. Came back to to our table twice, once to ask if we wanted dessert and to give us take out boxes and the second time to give us our check. Only $4 have been taken out of the check so an order of chicken tenders were free. Waitress smiled and reinstated her bewilderment that she never had this problem in all here years working there. The two men I saw in the kitchen? Managers perhaps but neither came out to apologize or to even explain the two foreign objects. We paid our bill and left in peace still without an apology and went home. Now I am warning everyone to beware where you eat, especially asian places. Indians are cheap and if anyone ever notices.....your hot meal is only hot the first thirty seconds it arrives to your table. After that its only warm for another minute then cool. It does not surprise me if everything is pre-portioned and bagged and microwaved for their convenience. That also makes sense as to why there was a plastic in the food. Plus if you calculate the price of every ingredient in your meal, your dish is hiked by almost 500%. And all this you can easily make at home. Next time I am hungry and out late I'll just go for a slice of pizza.

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They add the tip into the bill on a buffet, for a table of 3 people!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I was in the Bombay Masala for their lunch buffet on 7/21/10, the food was decent, but the service was poor. There was a surprise at the end of the meal too. Firstly, the server/manager did not present us with a bill. You go to the front to pay- when he added everything up (3 buffet meals and only water to drink) he discarded the bill under the counter and gave me the receipt to sign for my credit card. It was 33.62. Wondering how he arrived at the figure (because it seemed expensive) I asked how much the buffet was, he said 9.62 each... ok so how did he arrive at over 33 dollars? I asked to see the bill, and to my amazement saw he had actually added 4.42 as a tip for himself, and then presented me with a credit card receipt with a "tip" space on it!!! I won't go back there because I feel that he was being dishonest, and did not suggest at anytime that a tip would be added to a table of 3 people.

1 Thank motintampa
Lutz, Florida
“Atmosphere lacking, but food very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We had lunch here and the food was great. Hot, tasty and fast. The servers were awesome, very accomodating. I was also hesitant to go in because of the way it looked but mmmmmm pleasantly surprised. Many locals were coming in for the lunch buffet, but we ordered off the menu. I would recommend. www.travelisrequired.com

Tampa, FL
“Tasty Indian place. Try...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

Tasty Indian place. Try the lunch buffet!

1 Thank tampamomdotcom