“Different location- great food.”
Review of Pipo's Latin Cafe

Pipo's Latin Cafe
Ranked #563 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We ate at a location that must have been a newer one as it was in St. Pete Beach, not Tampa. The manager was who assisted us in how the menu works and what to order. They have some of their food out in a cafeteria style that is served by someone behind the counter. It's food like slow roasted pork and chicken along with sides. I ordered the slow roasted pork with the yellow rice and green beans. It was delicious! The pork flavor was very tasty and I enjoyed it. My husband got a pork loin (chops) which was also great. He got plantains and a green as his sides. The manager made sure to check on us. It's not a server situation so you get your own refills. I would eat here again when in St. Pete beach.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We actually went to the new Bay Pines location in St Pete, the place was packed with people coming in and taking food to go. We chose to sit down and eat the food, which actually for the most part was already ready to serve, As you walk in the food was ready buffet style, however you order in combo plates. Hubby had the roast pork w/ yellow rice and spanish beans (garbanzo beans w/ chorizo in a flavorful sauce), kiddies shared the same plate but an adult portion split between the two. I had the vegeterian wrap which consisted of black beans, rice and plantains wrapped in a tortilla, that came with a cream cilantro dipping sauce...WOW! Sauce was amazing!!!! I also slathered the wrap in their Pipo's sauce that was spicy and vinegary (they sell it to go as well) the manager walked around giving us a basket of yummy toasted cuban bread. So far pretty impressed with the place and plan on returning back, especially for breakfast.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Vegetarian black beans are awesome! Portions on food are great. Try the chimichurri sauce, this stuff kicks butt! This location is new, not yet on TA?

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've warned my sister that we have to make our pilgrimage to Pipo's Cuban cafe while visiting Tampa... My trip wouldn't be complete otherwise..
Pipo's is a family restaurant with typical Cuban offerings - roast pork, platanos, yellow rice, chicken stew,etc.. Somehow,though, despite all the offerings and specials, I always go back to the $6.95 roast pork plate.... It's good as ever, and portions are generous.
We decided to have flan and bread pudding for dessert this time. The bread pudding tasted homemade- rich, not too sweet, and scrumptious!
Pipo's has been around for years, and their success lies in simple and familiar Cuban fare that families love.... Many have tried to imitate them, but I must say their tasty and delicious entrees coupled with their welcoming friendliness are hard to beat...

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Since moving to the area and trying Pipos, this has become a go to place for myself. I enjoy the cuban sandwich. The bread is tasty and toasted just long enough. The pork is delicious. I always get a side of plantains. They are amazing! My wife enjoys the ropa vieja. It is the best she's had. This cafe has turned me on to cuban food. The food is reasonably priced.

Been to Pipo's Latin Cafe? Share your experiences!