“Great Italian!!”

Lauro's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between S. Grady Ave. and S. Church Ave.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great Italian!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My Husband and I eat at Lauro's often. Lunch, Dinner and also takeout. It is always wonderful. If you have not tried the Chicken parmesan, do it! We love Italian Food, when its real. There are not many Italian Restaurants in town that have it. It is the very best.

• Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“misleading online menu prices”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

its a nice place with good service. looked at menu online, prices looked decent. when we got there with a party of over 20 looked at the menue almost every dish was in the $20 range. I paid $18.00 for a small cesar with a chiken brest on it "realy this is way to much". and a plate of pasta with a small amount of meat on it for almost $ 20.00 is outrageous. didn't get a recipt at the end. on the pluse side the food tasted decent. but could have gotten the same food for half the price and any other Italian restaurant. will never go again

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Yano A
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Very good”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Enjoyed the food, though I will say that the Veal Parm wasn't the norm....brown gravy? It was different, but very tasty. Lobster Bisque with crab meat was exceptional, and the house salad was very good as well. The red sauce was excellent, and so were the deserts. Service was so/so, and the atmosphere was rather bright for an intimate Italian restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Suwanee, Georgia
“Bella!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding service. Best you'll find anywhere. They truly understand how service should be, and used to be.

The avocado vinagrette, as simple as it sounds, was very well done and tasty.

But, the piece d'ressistence was the Lasagna Bolognese. House made pasta and made with bechemel instead of ricotta. The best I've EVER had, besides my wife's.

The Italian spongecake, house made, was very, very fresh, and very good.

Atmosphere is a bit dated, but aren't all truly good Italian restaurants. They're not supposed to be "hip'.

Said (Sayed) is the maitre d, but also served me. He knows the menu and service!

And just now, tested me with a complimentary glass of Limoncelli.

Will I be back? Guess.... .

• Visited May 2013
Tampa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My expectations were obviously way off base”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Some friends and I who had not seen eachother in a long while thought we would treat ourselves out to a nice dinner. Our reservations were at 7 pm and I arrived at the restuarant at 7 pm on time. I was greeted at the front counter by a woman who confirmed my reservation and seated me immediately. The table was set already, icewater and olive oil were already made and on the table. It was like sitting at a friends house waiting for dinner. The restaurant is quaint old school italian, servers were ambitious, friends and informative. The meals came out in an orderly fashion, appetizers, each of us a little water bowl to wash our fingers ( must admit it was kinda cool ), salads came out next, then our meals and a shared dessert. Everything came out in a timely fashion, although the restaurant only had two other tables to serve - it was not busy at all. The food quality was my biggest issue - it was below average. It was edible - it just wasn't anything said - WOW this is fantastic! I love this! This is so worth the money - it was ah so so. The apps were calamari and a steamed artichoke. The artichoke was over cooked so it was just a big ball of mush really, the calamari were - ah I ate them, they weren't chewy so that was good. The salad - I have to admit it seemed as if the caesar dressing was fresh but again it was nothing special and the three croutons on top were kinda tacky I thought, they seemed almost cold, stale and wet. The dinner was so so as well, edible, but nothing fabulous about it. I don't know if it was worth the money to be honest, romantic, anniversary, special holiday, business etc. However, ambiance nicely appointed, service was above average so I guess if your there with your special someone and your completed smitten with your otherhalf and not so much caring that your eating some ah so so food, go enjoy feel special. Perhaps I'm an Italian that has been to Americanized but I would hope that this is not the case.

• Visited April 2013