“Mangia Mangia”

Lauro's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between S. Grady Ave. and S. Church Ave.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent! This is an outstanding example of Italian dining at its best! What more is there than great food service and atmosphere!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Lauro's is one of my favorite places! It's my 'go to' spot to take a friend or business lunch when i actually want to talk and hear myself think! Friends are always impressed with a tasty meal as well. their lobster bisque and fish entrees are my favorites, but i know i can always get a tasty pasta or fresh vegetable as well!! always cooked just right, i have never had a meal here that wasn't cooked perfectly.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wow! This restaurant serves authentic Italian food, in a nostalgic and cozy atmosphere and the service is benissimo!!! The owners and wait staff of this establishment are astute, keeping a close and attentive eye on guest needs at all times but from an unimposing distance. Our server, Said, was nothing short of amazing. It's like he could read our minds and was always there the moment we needed him-- a true gentleman. I highly recommend this restaurant for real Italian food minus the pomp and pretense. The atmosphere is very classy in a more traditional way. If you're looking for sharp chrome fixtures and trendy, "be seen" Italian fare, go some place else. This place is for people who know real food and appreciate the service of respectful and well-informed gentlemen. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I recently enjoyed Lauro's Ristorante Italiano. There were many choices making it hard to decide. Each of us ordered something different and all eight of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The owner and chef came out and spoke to us making us feel welcome and wanting to come back.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Every time we fly into Tampa, we always schedule a visit to Lauro's Ristorante. Chef/owner Lauro Medaglia has an extensive menu that takes you beyond the basics, with many specials based on fish, meat, shell-fish and chicken. He uses top ingredients, proscuitto, asparagus, veal, and the lamb is over the top; every dish is cooked from scratch. The homemade gnocchi's are the same as those I enjoyed on vacation in Bibione, Italy. From the time you enter the door, you find service equal to that of the top restaurants. The maître d' is excellent with an extensive knowledge of every dish and the perfect wine to pair it with. Desserts? All made in-house, much better than any other I have encountered. Buon Appetito!