“Lauro Ristorante is Real Italian”
Review of Lauro's Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Lauro's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between S. Grady Ave. and S. Church Ave.
Tampa, Florida
“Lauro Ristorante is Real Italian”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Although I live just a few blocks away from this restaurant, I usually reserve visits to this fine establishment to special occasions like the visit of my brother and his wife, who love Italy and things Italian.

I know the extensiveness of the menu will impress the most experienced diner. The lunch menu is so enormous, it resembles the diner menu. I have never ordered the same items twice on their menu. While the antipasti and insulate items are extensive, I want to jump into the main dishes.

We rarely have veal at home so my wife loves the three variations of scalappine. The fish menu offers selections with salmon, trout, and grouper. I can't resist angel hair pasta and Lauro has Capellini four different ways. If it is Italian, it will be here.

This is a classic Italian restaurant so don't expect concessions to pizza and meatballs. The atmosphere is casual but refined and the staff is very professional. This is a polished restaurant that gets high marks for service without bothering your privacy.

Parking is front door and the restaurant is just a few blocks west of the busy Dale Mabry and Henderson intersection.

• Visited August 2011