“yummy cuban”

Ranked #21 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: In 1948, Brocato’s opened its doors for business. From grocery store to meat market, to sandwich shop, Brocato’s has always strived to provide the best sandwich in Tampa, combined with friendly service. These valuse, coupled with the hard work and dedication of the Brocato’s family, have attracted and maintained loyal customers through the years. Fast forward 63 years later to 2012, and while countless restaurants, diners and sandwich shops have come and gone, Brocato’s is still making the best sandwich with the best service in Tampa. Everyone at Brocato’s is committed to giving you, our customers, the best sandwich and the best service possible. We thank you for making Brocato’s one of Tampa Bay’s long standing traditions.
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I am so glad that I called our order in for pick up because they get really busy. We actually still had to wait a little while for our order. We got one of the cubans and it was really good. I liked that it was pretty packed and not just a "cuban" with ham and cheese on it.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Local hot spot! Quick access off of the interstate! Stopped on the way to Orlando from St. Pete Beach! Inside and outside dining. Casual atmosphere and laid back vibe. Food was delicious! Very generous portions.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

My wife is from Tampa. Whenever we visit there Cuban food is the first order. Despite growing up there she had never heard of Brocato's let alone eaten there. But she saw them on a food show as one of the best Cuban sandwiches so when we were in town last month we stopped there before even going to our hotel.

Observations: A mad house. But somehow controlled chaos. It all just seemed to work. The staff seemed to know what you were asking for before you asked for it. Despite all the staff, guests and noise, in the end we got a GREAT MEAL. We ate outside in the covered area. It was a bit humid but the fans kept it in check.

The food: We had a Cuban sandwich each, and split a devil crab and stuffed potato. All three were a 10/10 on the awesome scale. We lost our love for Havana Village last visit and needed a new go to place. This is it. We were not disappointed!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

We visited on a Friday for a late lunch (1:15ish). The place was a madhouse. It took a good while to get food - there was nowhere to stand to get out of the way of the crowd. We tried to order empanadas (they were on the menu), and were brusquely told "we don't have them". There was extreme pressure to order quickly and get the hell out of the way.

My name was called and I proceeded to the counter to pick it up and was told we were waiting on two side items and I should wait RIGHT HERE (where I was standing). About 7 minutes later I asked about those sides - I'd been forgotten.

The food was OK. Heck, maybe even pretty good. But it was not worth the effort/cost/hype.

Also, they say they have beer as well - I couldn't find it and wasn't really able to talk to anyone to ask.

1  Thank Elliott R
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Arrival time 1020, Departure time 1044
Quantity: Two sandwiches
It is always crowded, so the locals either arrive early or after the lunch crowd. At 1020 I ordered two BLT's. Read the signatures on the memorabilia, watched the crowd gathering after 1030, and took in the wonderful aroma of the conglomerate of foods being cooked/fried/baked/pressed. Almost attacked the sandwiches in the car, but waited until they reached their final destination. Worth the wait!

Been to Brocato's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!