“Great food, friendly service”
Review of Michael's Grill

Michael's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 2,623 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This established restaurant is like a hidden gem! Tucked in a center off a major roadway, Michael's has been in business for a number of years and has a great reputation.
I was in a group of 25 retired people, former high school classmates of my husband's, who meet monthly for lunch.
French owner Andrea reserved the large room for us several months ago. Servers were assigned to us apart from the other customers.
I enjoyed a quiche of the day, broccoli & cheese, with dish of fruit. It was a generous serving. Many other menu items are very appealing and cooked to order.
A small cafe atmosphere that caters to it's faithful customers. I will return here again and again.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Best crab cakes my husband has had. I agree. Loaded with crab and almost no filler. Nicely sautéed and crisp. Sauce a little spice for me but really needed. Also, escargot! If you like them you'll love these. Snails inside mushroom , garlic butter, topped with apiece of puff pastry that b comes your dipping bread. We'll be going back for dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

We've been here a few times during Tampa visits and have never been let down. Classy place yet casual environment. You'll find lots of locals dressed casually but nice (no shorts, sandals, etc.). Consistent both in the quality and flavor of the food as well as the attentive service.The staff here does everything they can to make dining at Michael's a positively memorable experience. The chef has come out a few times to meet guests.

Strongly suggest the Strawberry Fields salad, fresh fish or Meatball Special. For Sunday brunch, the filet hash can't be beat. Great wine list and all are reasonably priced. Dessert recommendation... go for the sticky bun.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I had an appointment in the area and grabbed a quick takeout of the crab busque...so delicious! I have eaten here a few times with friends..such great ambience. If you need a good hair salon, check out Salon Inga upstairs from Michael's. I know, what a random review for a restaurant :).

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

There are not that many white table cloth non chain restaurants in the Carrollwood area in Tampa. MICHAEL'S Grill is one of the few.
We started with an order of grilled zucchini in a horseradish sauce for an appetizer. It was large enough for the four of us to share.
Then I had the swordfish special. It was amazing!!!! My wife had what I usually order, the chicken breast in a peanut sauce. Of course, I had to sample it and it was as good as I remembered it to be.
For dessert we split a key lime pie.
And I should say the service was as good as the food.
Don't know why it has been so long since we last tried MICHAEL'S but we will definitely be back soon.
Don't usually go out on a limb and say you must try a restaurant, but I would definitely recommend MICHAEL'S for anyone looking for a nice quiet dinner in Carrollwood.

Been to Michael's Grill? Share your experiences!