“Michael's Grill has my vote!”
Review of Michael's Grill

Michael's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A friend and I stopped by relatively early on a Thursday evening. It's her go-to place with the family and I can see why. We chose to sit outside...the flies liked us so they turned on the fans...the fans were noisy but kept the flies away...

But on to the food... I had the seared wasabi crusted tuna dinner which was rather pricey but so totally worth it. It was melt in your mouth tender with just a slight bit of heat from the wasabi... and then the potato was like a cheesy mashed potato in the potato shell...it was phenomenal! If I lived there, this could easily become my go-to place...

There are newer reviews for Michael's Grill

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Have eaten dinner here a few times, lunch as well but this hot Memorial Day Saturday decided to have breakfast there. Michael's is far enough off a Tampa main street, N. Dale Mabry, to allow for quiet dining, inside or outside. It has the true relaxed feel of a French bistro & the chef owner often comes out to greet regulars/friends. I had a wonderful eggs Florentine. They have recently added a liquor license so you can more than wine now (although they have a very nice selection)

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I visited Michael's on a Saturday night with another couple. We had reservations and were seated quickly as the restaurant was rather empty for a Sturday evening. Service was prompt and the waitress was friendly. None of us are really drinkers, so we passed on the wine list and ordered our meals. I had the crab bisque which is really very good. It is full of lump crab and very flavorful. In addition we had a shrimp appetizer which was also very tasty, but some of the shrimp were overcooked. For her entree, my wife had shrimp pasta which she said was very good, but a little heavy on the garlic for her taste. I had twin petit filet oscar. The steaks were very good, but the oscar had more mushrooms then crab. I was a little disappointed in my entree, but overall I felt the service and atmosphere compensated. The prices are reasonable and the location on N. Dale Mabry Highway is very central to many activities. While overall I would say the evening was above average. We will probably return to Michael's.

1  Thank gscar35
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Four of us went to Michael's Grill last night and had a wonderful meal. We went early and on a Tuesday night, so no one was in the bar when we arrived. Our server ended up making our drinks, which was fine except for the martini--not well made. Granted, my Dad is particular about his 'Martins'. I didn't have a great feeling after that, but once the food was served, it completely wiped out any small complaints. From the bread, to the fresh salads to all four entrees being served at the same time by all servers (impressive) and PIPING hot from the oven--delicious. All four of us shared each other's food/sauces and couldn't even decide whose dish was the best--unprecedented. We ended up ordering dessert, which also blew us away. (toffee bread pudding) We are excited to try Michael's again on the weekend. Our server gave good recommendations, but just wasn't over-to-top experienced. Yet we all plan to go back, so no disasters. Will update with another review.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been to this restaurant many times, and I am never disappointed. It is located in the back section of a strip mall on Dale Mabry but worth looking for. The breakfasts are fresh and wonderful. The dinner's are diversified and the atmosphere is romantic and relaxing. You can dine outside also.