“Above Average Fare”
Review of Michael's Grill

Michael's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 2,622 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I visited Michael's on a Saturday night with another couple. We had reservations and were seated quickly as the restaurant was rather empty for a Sturday evening. Service was prompt and the waitress was friendly. None of us are really drinkers, so we passed on the wine list and ordered our meals. I had the crab bisque which is really very good. It is full of lump crab and very flavorful. In addition we had a shrimp appetizer which was also very tasty, but some of the shrimp were overcooked. For her entree, my wife had shrimp pasta which she said was very good, but a little heavy on the garlic for her taste. I had twin petit filet oscar. The steaks were very good, but the oscar had more mushrooms then crab. I was a little disappointed in my entree, but overall I felt the service and atmosphere compensated. The prices are reasonable and the location on N. Dale Mabry Highway is very central to many activities. While overall I would say the evening was above average. We will probably return to Michael's.

1  Thank gscar35

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Four of us went to Michael's Grill last night and had a wonderful meal. We went early and on a Tuesday night, so no one was in the bar when we arrived. Our server ended up making our drinks, which was fine except for the martini--not well made. Granted, my Dad is particular about his 'Martins'. I didn't have a great feeling after that, but once the food was served, it completely wiped out any small complaints. From the bread, to the fresh salads to all four entrees being served at the same time by all servers (impressive) and PIPING hot from the oven--delicious. All four of us shared each other's food/sauces and couldn't even decide whose dish was the best--unprecedented. We ended up ordering dessert, which also blew us away. (toffee bread pudding) We are excited to try Michael's again on the weekend. Our server gave good recommendations, but just wasn't over-to-top experienced. Yet we all plan to go back, so no disasters. Will update with another review.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have been to this restaurant many times, and I am never disappointed. It is located in the back section of a strip mall on Dale Mabry but worth looking for. The breakfasts are fresh and wonderful. The dinner's are diversified and the atmosphere is romantic and relaxing. You can dine outside also.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Take it from the culinary experts, Michael's Grill in Carrollwood is beyond the ordinary. With Chef Michael on the gille and Andrea creating fantastic deserts and pouring great wine, it truly is an experience of a lifetime. Their Sunday brunch is outstanding.

2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our church social group had a great time here tonight...all 40 of us. Their aim is definitely to please. Quality food by people who really care. Friendly wait-staff and owners. My husband and I have eaten here many times and each and every meal was spectacular. This is one of our top 3 favorite restaurannts.

1  Thank KathyCr

Been to Michael's Grill? Share your experiences!