“Anywhere in Ybor City”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant, for lunch in the area. The staff was nice, the food was great. I had asandwich, with black beans ober rice is really good.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The atmosphere at Carmine's swept us right back to old Ybor. I found myself looking up at the pressed tin ceiling tiles and wondering what events this cavernous old time restaurant has witnessed. We'd heard about the Devil Crab appetizer and Cuban sandwich, so we tried them both. We shared one crab appetizer, which was plenty; it was yummy with hot sauce. The special combo includes half a hot Cuban sandwich and a choice of soup or black beans with yellow rice. My husband enjoyed the Spanish bean soup; my beans and rice side was delicious. The sandwich was made with quality meats; the pork was particularly notable. We had cafe con leche for dessert, with foamy crema that hung in there until the coffee was finished. The bill was just $27 for this 3-course lunch. Highly recommended

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Don't go there expecting the Carmine's of New York. I ordered the lasagna and it was, I kid you not, frozen solid in the center. So, basically, you are getting a TV dinner at restaurant prices, and they don't even know how to defrost things (a skill most of us mastered in college). Of course, we ordered a replacement that took about half an hour and it was burnt on he outside.
Disgusting, basically. We'll never go back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Carmine's is a popular Cuban restaurant in Ybor City, but not the best. It can be busy. The food selection is good, decent quality, but the service can be spotty - if not poor.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Cool to be in Ybor. Cool location right on 7th. Pretty good prices and food. Get the crab cakes and the chicken parm. Good service. Sit by the window and people watch.