“Consistently above average”

Cuisines: American
Tampa, Florida
“Consistently above average”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I like this place, though I can't figure out why I don't come here more often. Haven't had a bad experience the 3-4 times I've been here. Food is always good.

Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Bin 27 Bistro offers creative entrees with subtle flavors and terrific presentation. I've been there for happy hour, dinner, and Sunday brunch and never been disappointed. And for dessert, try the Campfire Tort. The flourless chocolate cake is infused with a delicious smoky taste, making it a gourmet smore! Bin 27 also offers a full gluten-free menu. One of the best aspects of Bin 27 is its design, it is set up, unlike a lot of places, to muffle noise so you can actually talk to your companions without shouting. I have heard rumors that Bin 27 may be closing next month, and I hope it's not true. It would be a real loss to the Tampa Bay dining scene.

• Visited April 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Hip Bistro”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Not very busy for a weekeday lunch, but they had both indoor and outdoor seating. Although outdoor seating had a view of a parking lot. Food was very good, but not very child-friendly (if you are lookiing for something basic like hamburgers or chicken nuggets). The squash soup was quickly devoured by the kids & adults. The BBQ pork sanwich has an unusual mix of spices - not preferred by anyone. The shrimp gits were yummy. The sweet potato fires were perfect. Service was good - nice waiter & hostess.

• Visited March 2012
Beaufort, South Carolina
“A Gem of a Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I was in town for the night and a friend took me to Bistro 27 for dinner. It's a clubby comfortable type of place...intimate...our server was attentive with good suggestions.... I started with a cup of chicken tortilla soup and it was easily the best I've ever had. Moved on to the fish of the day selection and it was tender and the risotto cake was crunchy and delicious and the greens were good as well. I ended my meal with the sorbet trio and each one was good but the pear sorbet was a standout. I wish I lived in Tampa because this would become my go-to place!

• Visited January 2012
tampa
“A letdown”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went to bin 27 on a recommendation of a good friend who is a gourmet chef. Every dish of hers is a masterpiece. She said it was the best food she ever had in Tampa. My fish was about 3 minutes overcooked and fishy. It was compared to grouper. It was nothing like grouper. The Risotto did not need the amount of cheese it had. Missing was a welcoming fresh basket of bread with soft butter. The waiter was pretentious and yet had to read the features from a notepad.
We brought an ad that indicated "buy $50.00 for $25.00. It was not honored. They said it was an ad to buy a gift certificate. The $25. they gained tonight lost them a lot more in future patronage and revenues.

• Visited January 2012